PDA

View Full Version : maiden voyage on skinner,9/27

elbowlayer
09-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Got to the lake at 6 am , after getting inspected and getting my sticker, I was on the water by almost 7 am. The first hour was a bit touchy but after that I started getting my balance. I fished soft plastics all day, within my first hour I land my first LMB! It was so small when I set the hook I almost launched him out of the water. Well I had to take s picture of my first fish, that is when I realized I left my phone in the truck! ℉*#!. O well, I kept fishing and kept catching dinks all morning, one smaller than the next. I was fishing cove to cove across launch area 2, probably around 10 am, I came around a wind swept point, there was a drop of from like 7 to 20 feet. I was throwing dropshot senkos when I felt the stightest of bites, I reeled down and set the hook. I thought I was hung up on weeds when all of a sudden it pulled back, hard. It was a very nice fight and it was pulling me in the kayak. I was just laughing, I couldnt believe it, I landed a 4.6 pound LMB! I released it right after weighing it twice, threw another senko on, I had drifted down probably 15 yards when bam, again I'm on and it's pulling hard. It was a 3.11 pound LMB. After that I beached my kayak a little bit farther down, took a break to stretch my legs, I just stood there, I couldn't believe I just caught those bass. I fished for like another hour and a half, I landed two more dinks and a nice two pounder to finish my day. The whole paddle back I was kicking my self in the butt for not brining my phone. O well, next time. I was off the water by 1, I can't wait till I can take my kayak out again.

Tom
09-27-2013, 05:48 PM
great Job

what type of kayak do you have ?

elbowlayer
09-27-2013, 06:14 PM
great Job

what type of kayak do you have ?

I bought a field and steam eagle run 12 sit in kayak from dicks sporting goods. It was a clearance item.

LGOP
09-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Great report, elbow!! I wish I could bring my kayak to skinner. I've yet to catch anything bigger than a 1 lb'er. Lol

qbi2001
09-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Awesome job on with the new kayak. Getting pulled on a sleigh ride by a fish is one of the best things when fishing from a kayak.

Caliyak
09-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Elbow, Congrats on the first trip. Look for the nearest 12 step program for your new addiction.

elbowlayer
09-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Elbow, Congrats on the first trip. Look for the nearest 12 step program for your new addiction.

MY wife agrees, she was just complaining how I am spending so much time working on my kayak. I just finished installing my fishfinder, added two tie down cleats, added a few decals, and made an anchor.