PDA

View Full Version : Trokar Hooks - Sharp but not for long :(

Jaysuuun
09-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Bought some Trokar trebles at the Fred Hall Show last year and I was finally able to give them a try a couple days ago. I rigged my LC Flashminnow with a combination of Gamakatsu trebles and Trokar trebles just for comparison. After about a 3hr surf session casting for Halis. The Trokars had lost there point while the Gamakatsus were still blazing sharp. Out of the box the Trokars are extremely sharp. Perhaps the sharpest hooks I've ever used. At one point the Trokar had pierced one of the halis through BOTH gill plates. :Shocked: Impressively sharp, but for the money I'll stick with the gold standards: Gamakatsu & Owner. Anyone else have any expreriences with Trokars?

Jig-Guy
09-27-2013, 07:37 PM
I have been using Gamakatsu EWG's trebles hooks for many years and they work for me on my crank baits no problem. Mustad trebles hooks also stay sharp and are strong. I am will not change just because they come out with something new. If something works don't fix it!

bassguycali
10-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Havent had any experience with trokar directly but if a hook dulls that fast i certainly wouldnt be spending what they are wanting for them.