PDA

View Full Version : Skunked at BBL Friday ... not sure why

billy b
09-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Trolled 2-3.5 colors from in the morning for half a day ... lots of weeds ... and water very dirty ... from dam to beginning of triangle ... Buoyants ... rapalas ... needlefish, etc.

Had my line snapped twice ... must have been snags?

Thots?

JAG107
09-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I hady first ever bbl skunk Saturday but was only out for 90 minutes too dang windy and cold. The bite has been off for me all summer there, and zero fish over a pound. Way off from last year. Cant topline troll because of weeds.

Troutin Man
09-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I've had success around Metcalf and Papoose Bay as well as the North Shore near the west ramp using thomas buoyants and sick notes too. Had success using jigs from shore around the dam area.

castle
09-28-2013, 09:11 PM
I think we are talking about fishing from a boat?

Mojave River Angler
09-30-2013, 11:22 AM
We took a beating on Saturday too. Two of us were out in the tandem yak from 7 to 4 and only came up with 2 dinks. Lost another or two on the way in. Had a few other bites. Tried power bait, spinners, flies, and night crawlers. Had most success with self made power mouse. As others have said...this year is nothing like last year. No fish to cover a dinner plate.

MRA

aramirez1988
09-30-2013, 01:37 PM
We took a beating on Saturday too. Two of us were out in the tandem yak from 7 to 4 and only came up with 2 dinks. Lost another or two on the way in. Had a few other bites. Tried power bait, spinners, flies, and night crawlers. Had most success with self made power mouse. As others have said...this year is nothing like last year. No fish to cover a dinner plate.

MRA

Damn, I'm heading out there this Friday for a whole day out on my uncle's boat. I hope we'll have more luck... What part of the lake were you at? I checked the fishing report on the BBL site posted 9/27 and they said the fishing is best from the dam to the middle of the lake so that is where I'll be.

fishermanx14
09-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Trolled 2-3.5 colors from in the morning for half a day ... lots of weeds ... and water very dirty ... from dam to beginning of triangle ... Buoyants ... rapalas ... needlefish, etc.

Had my line snapped twice ... must have been snags?

Thots?

i allways do good with a slip bobber and you favorite doughbait fishing from shore by the dam