PDA

View Full Version : Prado Park

BrownDirtWarrior
09-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Going to be camping at Prado Thursday-Sunday. First time fishing there, does anyone have any tips or spots they would like to share?

etucker1959
09-25-2013, 01:44 PM
They are stocking catfish on Thursday, so if you want to fish for them your in luck. The bass fishing can be good at times. The people I know who bass fish the lake, start at the last parking lot and work your ways toward the dam. It's a decent size lake so be prepared to cover some ground. They do have a good carp population in there, so that's another option. Good luck!!!!

BrownDirtWarrior
09-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Thank you for the reply etucker. I was planning on targeting catfish most of the time. I will be sure to post a report and let you know how it went.

BrownDirtWarrior
09-30-2013, 08:35 AM
So here is my report. The fishing was good, ended the day saturday with 5 catfish all good size. However, this was the first and last time we will be making a trip to fish and camp at Prado. You can only fish from 7:30-6, if you are camping there you need to leave the park get in line and buy a fishing permit for an extra $8 dollars. You cannot buy them in advance, so everyday you have to go back out and wait. Sunday we had one person go buy the permits and the rest go set up all the chairs and rods and get ready to begin fishing at 7:30. Ranger came around and made us pack up, go back to the trailer and wait until are fishing permits were back even though nothing was in the water. He stated it was an unfair advantage to the other fisherman. Even though we are paying to camp there hoping to get an advantage

etucker1959
09-30-2013, 09:22 AM
So here is my report. The fishing was good, ended the day saturday with 5 catfish all good size. However, this was the first and last time we will be making a trip to fish and camp at Prado. You can only fish from 7:30-6, if you are camping there you need to leave the park get in line and buy a fishing permit for an extra $8 dollars. You cannot buy them in advance, so everyday you have to go back out and wait. Sunday we had one person go buy the permits and the rest go set up all the chairs and rods and get ready to begin fishing at 7:30. Ranger came around and made us pack up, go back to the trailer and wait until are fishing permits were back even though nothing was in the water. He stated it was an unfair advantage to the other fisherman. Even though we are paying to camp there hoping to get an advantage

I'm very glad to hear you caught some nice fish. I fish Guasti a fair amount, but like you the rules they have make little or no sense to me.

goodguy
09-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, Prado has some a**backward rules there. And it's much more $$ than it needs to be. I stopped going there a long time ago... Too bad, it's a nice little lake. If they get better management it can really be a nice spot...