PDA

View Full Version : Swat team captain strikes again 9/24

Dawn Treader
09-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Another evening session tonight . Last couple hours . Conditions were about the same as last night just a bit more weeds floating around , but manageable . Perchin Dave soon joined me . We were accompanied out in front by two guys in a boat hanging way too close , within our casting distance …And they were landing several halibut Ugg ! Well I tied on an LC … not to long after I pulled in a short hali , a 20 incher . Working my way down to the point just up to where It felt comfortable to not loose my LC on rocky bottom , and Bam my drag was going crazy . The fish got out pretty darn far and then stopped like a dead weight . Could not pull him in at all, and I feared he wrapped into some kelp , and thinking break off was eminent . I held firm on him for several minutes though , until finally my rod tip started moving back towards me … phew ! In he came . As he lands I see my line whapped back into his top fin explaining the tougher battle . You can see the slit in the photo. Soon Mikey and Bill and a couple friends joined up. But between me and the boat guys the odds had diminished . This is my second biggest from the surf at 27 ! My best is 32 . Very fun session and another 11 points from your captain ! Looking forward to seeing everyone at HG5 !

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y535/bradfordjay1/hali9-24_zps0b7a1687.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/bradfordjay1/media/hali9-24_zps0b7a1687.jpg.html)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y535/bradfordjay1/hali29-24_zpsd8b2317a.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/bradfordjay1/media/hali29-24_zpsd8b2317a.jpg.html)

Jaysuuun
09-25-2013, 04:29 AM
SWEEEET! Another legal! Looks like the Halibut are moving in. I'm sure the commander will be making his way up there soon. Congrats on another nice fish!

bachiboy
09-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Awesome fish Blad! Glad to see that those flatties have finally moved into the beaches up north for you guys...just wish they coulda held off for just a couple of weeks longer. :LOL::Wink:

Congrats and see you Saturday!
Don

Wingnut
09-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Very fun session and another 11 points from your captain ! Looking forward to seeing everyone at HG5 !

Hey Brad, you're not my Team Captain, but I wish that you were... :Envious:
I think our Team Captain went AWOL this month. :LOL: jk Nate... :Big Smile:
I guess I missed the Northern bite by a couple of weeks. :Angry:
Great job and we'll see the Northern S.W.A.T. Crew on Saturday! :Big Grin:

Homefish
09-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Nice fish!!! Your on a roll man!

SP Dan
09-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi ya Brad,

Way to lead your team to victory Sir ..... leading by example!
Another fine legal Halibut Sir! ..... WTG!

See ya at HG-5 Brotha! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"!

Which Way Out
09-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Even more impressive in person Brad.

Ya I said it. I got on the sand and got the gifted skunk for my troubles. But that was a very nice fish.

See everyone on Saturday
WWO

DockRat
09-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Good looking Halibut there Captain..:Not Worthy:
DR

skunked4life
09-26-2013, 07:08 AM
OMG Brad! Or should I say "Blad" (Don, check your reply brother-LOL).

I am glad that the flatties are finally moving up north. I am also always surprised at the difference that an additional two or three inches makes on these fish. This one looks HUGE compared to your last legal! My PB is still 24" :Embarrassed:

Can't wait to meet you in person at HG5!

Ken

murrieta angler
09-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Fine job there Brad..:Big Grin:
To bad the boat guys ruined multiple legal day...:Angry:
Look forward to meeting you Saturday...:Cool:
Robert
<><

Dawn Treader
09-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks for all your posts guys ...I hope the points are still holding up for team fish storm ! Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at HG5 !

bloox8
09-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Nice halibut captain. Seems like the waters up north are starting to stir up even more. I might have to tell a few of my friends to go test out the surf up there. Hows the water temp btw?

I bet those guys were like "WTH?! We could've saved some money and fished on the surf!" :LOL: Way to show them up!

I'll give you your congrats tomorrow at HG5
See you there :Big Grin:

Thien