PDA

View Full Version : I got 9 days....

Homefish
09-24-2013, 10:30 PM
....9 Days in row of hitt'n the surf 9/14-9/22 for 2-4 hours/day.

It was awesome. Had a couple of 1sts- 1 good -Catch'n my 1st(& 2nd) Calico from the surf. The other 1st not so good- losing my 1st(& 2nd) LCFM110. My overall fish count for the week was pretty pathetic- 5 total fish in almost 30 hours of throw'n the LC's... 2 Calico(15" & 11") & 3 BSP.

It's pretty cool to hit the same beach daily. I fished the same stretch of sand 8 of the 9 days. Some days it was like fish'n in a wash'n machine, some days it was almost flat & calm like a mountain lake. Some days it was sunny, some days overcast. Some days there was more salad than water, other days no salad at all. Some days I could see lots of fish, others I saw none. It was amazing how much things changed from day to day.

9 days of fish'n !!! Life is Good!!!

C-Y'all @ HG5

Homefish

bachiboy
09-24-2013, 11:52 PM
Hunting fish other than perch and YFC often translates to LONG hours of no action, but it makes it that much sweeter when you do connect.:Wink: Musta felt pretty good to connect with the checkers. Way to go. Losing LC's, unfortunately, is part of the game too.:Sad: Been there, done that...way too much for my liking. BUT, like you said, life is good when you can get out there and have a go at it. Keep it up and we'll see you Saturday!

Don

Jaysuuun
09-25-2013, 04:26 AM
Putting in the long hours will get dialed-in to an area. IMO your observations of that spot are far more important than the actual fish. Its a matter of lining up those observations and seeing what works best for that particular area. What works for one spot, may not be so great for another.

It sounds like you've put in some major recon where you've been fishing. Congrats on the nice fishies!:Cool:

Wingnut
09-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Dang... I wish I could fish for 9 straight days... :Envious:
It's true how conditions change so quickly.
See you Saturday! :Big Grin:

SP Dan
09-25-2013, 12:42 PM
:Envious: I wanna fish 9 days in a row too!
We fish hard and accept all of Poseidon's gifts that come our way .... :Wink: no matter if they are large or small.

Chalk up your RECON time as a learn of your AO and use it to your advantage while on all of your follow up sessions at this particular AO!

Thanx for the fish report! :Cool:

See ya at HG-5!

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"!

Homefish
09-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys, Look forward to see'n y'all @ HG5 on Saturday.

skunked4life
09-26-2013, 07:10 AM
9 days in a row = dream come true.

YES! "Life IS good!"

Ken