PDA

View Full Version : Fishing San Diego Bay for Bonefish 9 - 22 ( video )

Hardcor
09-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I took two friends of mine fishing in San Diego Bay flats for Bonefish. Ron the (fishinone) and Khanh (KPN) are both very good light line fisherman.

We used 7 foot rods with 4 pound line and a number 4 wire Shrimp hook. We drifted our fresh pumped Ghost Shrimp over the Eel grass in the flats.

It took 1 hour to fine them, and I was getting some funny looks from the guy's when all they were hooking was Spotted Bay Bass.

Khanh finally got the touch and started hammering the San Diego Bonefish on light line one after another ! Catching and releasing 6 nice Bonefish

Before Ron accepted one of my 4 pound outfits just like the one Khanh has been using ! The next drift Ron the big Silverback is on his first San Diego Bay Bonefish !

In this two hour Bonefish session Khanh caught and released 8 - Bonefish, 9 - Spotted Bay Bass, 2 - Corvina and 1 Sand Bass

Ron caught and released 4 - Bonefish, 7 - Spotted Bay Bass and 1 Turbolt Flounder

It was a Really good Bonefish session and I had a Blast !

Corey

PS After the Bonefish session we set up for Leopard Sharks on 8 pound line ! That Report and video is coming tomorrow ! Giant fish on light line !

http://youtu.be/uOpVH5co9dU

fishinone
09-24-2013, 05:13 PM
That was an awesome day of fishing.

Khanh and I each got our first bonefish on this trip. I had never seen one except on TV.

You're a great host. If you hadn't taken the time to help me figure out how to get those bonefish to bite and to hook them I wouldn't have caught one.

I'm looking forward to fishing with you again.

I can't wait for the Shark and Ray Session video.

GhettoBasster
09-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the great report. I'll be heading down there myself next month. I can't wait. Bonefish; how appropriate for Halloween.

Master Baiter1
09-24-2013, 07:00 PM
I have the perfect song for this video. Fishbone's Bonin' in the Boneyard.

http://youtu.be/78ZVbw74OhU

dlmoo312
09-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Cool video and nice assortment of different species. Especially the bonefish!
Looks like loads of fun on the light tackle. THanks for sharing!

-Daniel

Which Way Out
09-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Khanh, your one lucky guy. Corey really hooked you guys up. And what a great boat to fish from. Very nice..

Good work Corey no matter what Cutbait and Trailblazer say...................Not sure about TO thought.
Get you butts to the beach Sat and say Hi.

WWO

koifish
09-24-2013, 09:35 PM
very nice vid.

MikesOcean
09-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Sweet!

Great job hosting and putting your friends on the bonefish and Leos.

Sounds like you are having non stop good luck. Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like it would
Have been one for the history book!!

Great job fellas!

I'm sure we will be hearing about something bigger and better from the reel bros!

bachiboy
09-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Great job getting the guys on some nice fish Corey! Looks like you guys had a blast out there...as always!:Wink:

Very cool vid!
Don

Jaysuuun
09-25-2013, 04:38 AM
Cool video and even cooler fishing. Looks like you guys were on a hot bite that day. Those bonefish look like awesome fighters on the light tackle. Good stuff

blakeb
09-25-2013, 06:15 AM
Awesome report it was nice meeting you before you left town for that trip. You deffinitly got some nice fish out there

one long cast
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Put me on the list to fish for the bones.

LuckyCraft420
09-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Great video! That looks like a great place to take a tube.

Hardcor
09-26-2013, 09:07 AM
That was an awesome day of fishing.

Khanh and I each got our first bonefish on this trip. I had never seen one except on TV.

You're a great host. If you hadn't taken the time to help me figure out how to get those bonefish to bite and to hook them I wouldn't have caught one.

I'm looking forward to fishing with you again.

I can't wait for the Shark and Ray Session video.

It was my pleasure Ron ! I'm glad you got your bonefish and Leopard too!

Hardcor
09-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the great report. I'll be heading down there myself next month. I can't wait. Bonefish; how appropriate for Halloween.

Thank you !Let Me know if you get some !

I have the perfect song for this video. Fishbone's Bonin' in the Boneyard.

http://youtu.be/78ZVbw74OhU

I can dig it !

TUNAVIC
09-26-2013, 09:40 AM
After that video all I can say is California has got it all! For sure. Thanks

Cya TUNAVIC

Hardcor
09-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Cool video and nice assortment of different species. Especially the bonefish!
Looks like loads of fun on the light tackle. THanks for sharing!

-Daniel

Thank you Daniel ! We caught and released 10 species that day !

Khanh, your one lucky guy. Corey really hooked you guys up. And what a great boat to fish from. Very nice..

Good work Corey no matter what Cutbait and Trailblazer say...................Not sure about TO thought.
Get you butts to the beach Sat and say Hi.

WWO

Thank You WWO ! cutbait hates me because I like his captain ! TB ! As of T/O Bob ! He has to like me, he's my little Brother ! The number one Striper and Trout guide in Southern California !

Hardcor
09-26-2013, 09:46 AM
very nice vid.

Thank You Koifish !

Sweet!

Great job hosting and putting your friends on the bonefish and Leos.

Sounds like you are having non stop good luck. Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like it would
Have been one for the history book!!

Great job fellas!

I'm sure we will be hearing about something bigger and better from the reel bros!

After The Legend and I make our next video ! You and TrailBlazer are next ! Get ready ! I have something planned that's going to blow your mind Mike !

Hardcor
09-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Great job getting the guys on some nice fish Corey! Looks like you guys had a blast out there...as always!:Wink:

Very cool vid!
Don

It was a lot of fun getting Ron and Khanh on there first Bonefish ! And yes it was a blast out there !

Thank you Don !

Cool video and even cooler fishing. Looks like you guys were on a hot bite that day. Those bonefish look like awesome fighters on the light tackle. Good stuff

I could not get them to go ! It took an hour to find them ! After I found them Khanh caught and released 6 Bonefish before Ron got the bite down ! The Bonefish grew as the session went on !

Thank you Jaysuum

Hardcor
09-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Awesome report it was nice meeting you before you left town for that trip. You deffinitly got some nice fish out there

Thank you Blake ! It was nice talking to you too !

Put me on the list to fish for the bones.

OK your on the list ! It's a long list but your on it !

Corey

Great video! That looks like a great place to take a tube.

Thank you LuckyCraft420 ! It would be hard tubing because we were fishing in one to three foot of water !

Hardcor
09-26-2013, 10:10 AM
After that video all I can say is California has got it all! For sure. Thanks

Cya TUNAVIC

That's a good statement ! California has better fishing then any state ! By Far !

To bad the DFW in California have there heads up there own AS-ses ! Ugly bunch of dumb as-ses !

Thank you TUNAVIC !

fishinone
09-26-2013, 03:53 PM
I could not get them to go ! It took an hour to find them ! After I found them Khanh caught and released 6 Bonefish before Ron got the bite down ! The Bonefish grew as the session went on !

Thank you Jaysuum

I did catch 4 in quick order once I got though. Then we ran out of bait. It was a good thing we did though, the shark and ray fishing was awesome!

Hardcor
09-27-2013, 08:36 AM
I did catch 4 in quick order once I got though. Then we ran out of bait. It was a good thing we did though, the shark and ray fishing was awesome!

You did great Ron ! How many people do you know that have caught and released a Southern Cal Bonefish !

murrieta angler
09-27-2013, 12:11 PM
You are a gracious host Sir :Wink:
You all caught some beautiful fish in such a short amount of time.
I was not aware that San Diego had started a conservation program there, good for us fisherman...:Big Grin:
I was kind of missing the ribbing, that you have with your brothers, and low and behold it started to come out at the end there...:Envious:
Another great video Corey,
Robert
<><

p.s. when you're holding the other camera, you look a little like Thor...:LOL:

dkinla
09-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Man thx for this report and cool vid!

trail blazer
09-27-2013, 04:56 PM
WOW!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hardcore the BONEFISH GUIDE!,,,,,,,,,,,NICEEEEEEEEEE!

TRAIL BLAZER

Hardcor
09-30-2013, 06:58 AM
You are a gracious host Sir :Wink:
You all caught some beautiful fish in such a short amount of time.
I was not aware that San Diego had started a conservation program there, good for us fisherman...:Big Grin:
I was kind of missing the ribbing, that you have with your brothers, and low and behold it started to come out at the end there...:Envious:
Another great video Corey,
Robert
<><

p.s. when you're holding the other camera, you look a little like Thor...:LOL:

Thank you Robert ! Long beach is finally trying the same thing ! They are removing a big portion of the wall to allow more tidel surge ! This will bring

Back the eel grass ! When the eel grass is healthy the bay is healthy ! San Diego bay put the salt factories on land and returned the flow of fresh water into the bay !

The Bonefish love this !

Thor ? cutbait calls me cotton, a cartoon caricature that had his legs blown off at the nee's !

Hardcor
09-30-2013, 06:59 AM
Man thx for this report and cool vid!

Thank you so much ! dkinla

Hardcor
09-30-2013, 07:04 AM
WOW!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hardcore the BONEFISH GUIDE!,,,,,,,,,,,NICEEEEEEEEEE!

TRAIL BLAZER

Your to nice Big Guy ! I just got lucky !

PONTOON
09-30-2013, 06:23 PM
What an awesome video Corey! Did I say awesome! :Thumbs Up:

Congratulations to both Khanh and Ron on their first bonefish and on light line! Great job guys!:Cool:

TroutOnly
09-30-2013, 07:47 PM
BOW DOWN TO THE BONEFISH MASTER,,,,,,,,,,HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU TRAIN THAT BIG OLE SILVERBACK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Hardcor
10-11-2013, 08:26 AM
BOW DOWN TO THE BONEFISH MASTER,,,,,,,,,,HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU TRAIN THAT BIG OLE SILVERBACK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Are you still mad at me !

fishinone
10-11-2013, 03:13 PM

That thing is semi-wild!

Hardcor
10-14-2013, 11:22 AM

It was harder then you think ! He pulled the lips off some of them !

Hardcor
10-14-2013, 11:23 AM
That thing is semi-wild!

Semi-wild ?

fishinone
10-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Semi-wild ?

You have to admit, I was wearing socks!

Hardcor
10-16-2013, 10:50 AM
You have to admit, I was wearing socks!

5 years ago !

http://youtu.be/Y6jgEST1cEA

trail blazer
10-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Don't make me take a VAC ,head to S/D and and pilfer your waters hardcore,,,,,,,,,,,,looks like a blast

Hardcor
10-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Don't make me take a VAC ,head to S/D and and pilfer your waters hardcore,,,,,,,,,,,,looks like a blast

Give me the day and lets go !