PDA

View Full Version : Overnight trip on the Aztec Limits of Bluefin 9/21

smooshsh
09-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Went solo on an overnight trip, while my buddies headed up north for Salmon. Already booked my trip, so I had to pass on the salmon run. Luck was on my side. Started fishing at 6:45am, limited by 7:30. Captain and crew members were awesome. Captain noticed there were people just sitting around since everyone was tired from the wide open bite within the first hour. Some people didnt catch a fish because there were quite a few that have never touched a rod on the boat. So Captain asked a few people who limited out to see if we can assist the newbies or keep on fishing . Fished til almost 9. By that time. I had 14 bft and 1 ft. Spreaded the wealth and had an awesome trip.4266642667

Here is a short video of the catch
http://youtu.be/m6JxcDRnR3o

zzzfish
09-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Nice Job!!! I wish we would have that problem. Lol I would have fish till my arms fall off.

Went solo on an overnight trip, while my buddies headed up north for Salmon. Already booked my trip, so I had to pass on the salmon run. Luck was on my side. Started fishing at 6:45am, limited by 7:30. Captain and crew members were awesome. Captain noticed there were people just sitting around since everyone was tired from the wide open bite within the first hour. Some people didnt catch a fish because there were quite a few that have never touched a rod on the boat. So Captain asked a few people who limited out to see if we can assist the newbies or keep on fishing since has only been an hour. Fished til almost 9. By that time. I had 14 bft and 1 ft. Spreaded the wealth and had an awesome trip.4266642667

DockRat
09-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Great fishing ! How many lbs was the average ? Congrats.
DR

tamddo714
09-24-2013, 10:01 PM
congrats! looked liked tons of fun!

smooshsh
09-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Most of the bft were between 20-25 lbs. Jackpot was 27. I was runner at at 26. The big boys are still out there, but not like how it was last month where it was consistent 40-60 lb range. The yft are all 10-20 lbs. Boat was quiet on the way home. We slowly made our way back because of the fish cleaning. Plan was to stop by kelps for yt. That didn't happen. More than half the boat were sleeping lol. Thanks for reading guys.

Here is a link to the Video of the 13 bft and 1 yft. The 15th fish was taken to be weighed in for jackpot. Forgot to mention that I was using 25lb test with fluoro leader for the first 2. Saw the sizes of the fish and since it was wide open, I chucked out the 40 lb set up for the rest. Shikari and Jaws rods for the win.

http://youtu.be/m6JxcDRnR3o

bachiboy
10-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Nice going Alan! Been a while since I've seen a report from you, but then again, I mostly hang out in the surf section. Looks like a heck of a trip...makes me EXTREMELY jealous. I've been sidelined for the year since the birth of my daughter and all my tuna trips have been put on hold...go, figure, we end up with the best bluefin fishing we've had in decades.:Rolls Eyes::LOL: Well, reports like these help keep the blood flowing so thanks for sharing!:Wink:

Congrats on an epic trip!
Don

Ambassadorhawg
10-12-2013, 06:54 PM
BFTs are badass!!!!

ErikAllen17
11-13-2013, 10:45 AM
I would've included a 3rd pic... me eating BFT sashimi!!! Damn... wish I had a couple of those in my freezer about now.