PDA

View Full Version : San Bernardino trout stocks - best place?

SlayinRainbows
09-24-2013, 11:43 AM
So I know Gregory, Jenks, Green Valley and Big Bear are all getting stocked. My buddy and I want to float tube somewhere (Not big bear) and in don't think green valley allows float tubes. So I guess between Gregory and Jenks is there one that is currently producing better? I just read the last post about Jenks that seemed promising, anyone have any float tube luck at Gregory? Can anyone tell me what the float tube launch fee and parking is at Jenks? Can't get anyone to answer the phone. Thanks for the help!

SlayinRainbows
09-24-2013, 12:51 PM
What time does Jenks open?

rodless5
09-24-2013, 07:06 PM
I believe 7AM is when they open and I dont think there is a launch fee. $7.00 was the parking fee last time I went about a year ago. I like Jenks better than Gregory. Nothing but trees and less traffic.

SlayinRainbows
09-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks rodless I appreciate the info!!

Troutin Man
09-24-2013, 11:00 PM
I paid $5 for parking back on the 4th of July and I did not pay last time cuz my friend drove. i don't remember what he paid, but it probably was 5.

float tubing at jenks is good I hear. the trout were out deep for awhile especially since they weren't stocking due to the dead trout from the transport (theory anyway). now they are stocking, they are probably all over. I hear that nymphs, trout worm wacky style, and jigs work well while float tubin.

have fun! make a report after your trip!

SlayinRainbows
09-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Thank you Troutin Man! I definetly will.