PDA

View Full Version : pancakes and bacon ,battle in the surf,kinda

keepemlo
09-23-2013, 08:00 PM
time:8:00 to 11:00
surf; low to high 2 to 4ft
wind:west ,5knts
ao:shhhhhhhhh

woke up didnt feel a huge sense of urgency,as i knew the tide wouldnt be up till about ten,got to the ao about 8:00 to two dolphins pretty close workin the surf ,nice some life anyway,we all ride to the ao with the skunk,but we dont have to give him a ride home!!!i see my fly fishing buddy brian casting away, give him his space and a nod,its time to get wet!!!i try old faithful first 110 blk ms ancvy,,as i reel in i survey the beach looking for rip tides ,eddies anything that stands out hmmm a lot of diving birds ,ok i move closer ,i remember last time here i reeled in kinda fast and i kept snagging rays so i slowed down and casted in front of a cloudy little eddy and pow :EyePop:!!my first ray,the skunk gotta hitchike:Big Grin: now ,,i cast along the trench, slowly she goes and pow, the firstof7pancakes42662,,of course the batts in my camera were going,,im on fire guys,,almost every 5 casts im on,,,then the lure just stopped:???:EyePop::and off i am to the races i feel the patented head shakes and i see the beast ,man i got nervous the hook didnt look like it was hooked that good,when he slid up ,i, say great no bogagrip!i wave brian over and i have to ask for a measure because i left mine in the car,,felt bad to make him stop fishing ,but he was a sport,he taped out to 2426607 my pb!!i coudlnt bring myself to ask him to try and operate myold camera so the pics suck,when i told him i had to hurry up and release it he said your kidding right?i told him the fnn credo,he said i was crazy,42661. ,,after release more pancakes to finally pow a 23 in ,,,i looked up the beach ,brian was far away giving me the thumbs up ,,i had a cooker ,so i thought thats enough ,i know they were biteing like crazy but i felt that i had been given enough a pb and a cooker let the rest go, so that was the day ,i will download more pics from my phone,they kinds show the ao to much,,thanks brian!!!!lotsofbites

SP Dan
09-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi ya Stan,

It's been a while since I read a fishing report from you ......

There's no better way to kick start your reports again ... than by beaching a nice 23" Hali and a monstrous 28" PB Hali! :Big Smile::Applause: WTG Stan!!
Great job on releasing your 28" PB Hali my friend ...... you really do get it!

My gal Rhonda and I will be seeing you at HG-5!

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"!

Jaysuuun
09-23-2013, 10:33 PM
A multi-legal day! Good stuff! Looks like Poseidon rewarded you instant karma points with a legal to follow the release of your PB.

Wingnut
09-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Whoa, multiple legal Halibut session for Stan the Man! :Big Grin:
Great job and I'll see you on Saturday!

skunked4life
09-24-2013, 11:42 AM
I do not think that I have had a multi-legal day...ever! Great report! Keep it up and see you at HG5!

bachiboy
09-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Very nice work out there! Sounds like an epic session in anyone's book! Way to take it to 'em and kudos for releasing the PB...that's a very classy move right there.:Wink: Looking forward to meeting you at HG5.

Congrats!
Don

iLLest
09-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Whats up Stan,

Glad to hear your still nailing those butts.
keep it up brotha!
Catch u at HG5

-Frank

dlmoo312
09-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Congrats on the PB halibut, and the very productive day!
Thanks for the C&R and I hope you enjoyed the "cooker" :LOL:

-Daniel

Homefish
09-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Good job Keepemlo. Congrats on your new PB Halibut.