PDA

View Full Version : Swat Guy Goes Exotic And PB!

SP Dan
09-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Sunday
Sun Rise: 0641 hrs, Sun Set: 1851 hrs.
Air: 60 - 75 deg, Water: 61 deg, Sky: Clear, Wind: Gusty!
Surf: 1 - 2 ft , Swell: 0.9 ft , Sec Intervals: 11
Moon Phase: Waning Gibbous.
Conditions: Stirred up with fast forming waves, mostly clean water with a few areas that had some accumulated weed build up. Small white caps!
Tides: 0600 hrs ICT 1.3 ft, 0800 hrs ICT 2.9 ft, 1000 hrs ICT 4.9 ft, 1130 hrs HT 5.4 ft.
Isolunar Forecast: Minor Period: 0911 to 1041 hrs. :BFish::BFish::BFish:
Bait Presence: Scarce 3-4" bait. Bird Presence: Just a few now and then. Water Dogs: Just the resident mom and pup snoozing on the warm rocks.
Duration: 0615 hrs to 1030 hrs.
Distance covered: Again (2) locations, 3.55 miles. Calories Burned: 835 calories. Total Elevation Climbed: 706 feet per my RunKeeper app on my iPhone 5.
Assault Tactic: LC 110 MS Anchovy
Gear: Saint Croix Avid 9'-6", 8-17 lb MF, Van Staal VS-100G reel with 55 lb 8-carrier braided Diawa Samurai line.
AO (Area of Operation): aka: Backyard

1st AO. 0615 hrs to 0800 hrs.

At 0625 hrs I landed a 10" YFC and at 0635 hrs I landed a 14" YFC for ZERO team points ... :EyePop: too short. No photos.

At 0710 hrs I landed this 15 1/4" Exotic Kelp Fish and it's a PB for 5 team points :Big Grin:. Note: The Kelp Fish was cleared thru S.W.A.T. Central Command for being Exotic.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000052.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000052.jpg.html)

Hiked to my 2nd AO and fished from 0810 hrs to 0855 hrs for NADA!
Hiked back to my 1st AO and fished from 0910 hrs to 1030 hrs for NADA!

FYI: The hooks were all removed 1st before anything else :Thumbs Up: and then the fish were CPR'd quickly! Note: 5 team points for today's session.

While hiking out on the trail I ran into my Team Captain BBQsushi- Nate who was just heading in for a quick session! I can't wait to hear about your success Nate!
Nate .... it's always a pleasure to hook up with you Sir ... even in a brief passing ... still good Brotha!

Thanx for checking out my fish report! :Cool:

My gal Rhonda and I will see everyone at HG-5 this coming weekend! :Wink:

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"!

bachiboy
09-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow...you got that guy to hit an LC? I've only managed to get one to hot a slowly presented dropshot.:Wink: Aggressive little feller. Way to go Danimal! Looking forward to seeing you and Rhonda next weekend!

Don

skunked4life
09-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Danimal!!! Still tearing it up my brother! You got energizers powering you? I am always happy to see my good friend getting out there and winning the small battles...but the war wages on! You inspire me!

Corporal croaker (ken)

See you in less than a week at hg5!

Tesserz
09-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Ooo I like this one! Never seen that before... it's bright and pretty! :LOL: Glad it got approved as an exotic species for points. Go team! :High Five:

Look forward to seeing you and Rhonda next weekend. :Razz:

fishshep
09-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Looks like a happy "Waning Gibbous" day fishing the Kelp. !!!

I caught one of those (won,t say where) in the kelp once,

and I think they are called Kelp Wrasse.

Which Way Out
09-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Good job Dan! Keep it going and I could go undefeated for the season.....................LOL:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::R OFL::ROFL:

See ya Saturday
WWO

Wingnut
09-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Cool Kelp Fish Dan... if our team win this month, I vote you team MVP! :Envious:
See you and Rhonda Saturday! :Big Grin:

Jaysuuun
09-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Sweet fish Dan! That's another species to cross of my list. We'll see you and Rhonda at HG5.

SP Dan
09-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Wow...you got that guy to hit an LC? I've only managed to get one to hot a slowly presented dropshot.:Wink: Aggressive little feller. Way to go Danimal! Looking forward to seeing you and Rhonda next weekend!

Don

Hi ya Brotha Don,

I was really amazed :EyePop: at how it's body makings and it's colors were so identical to that of the Calico (Kelp) Bass!
As far as a fight .... it just slid right on in with out much :Sad: resistance to mention.

PS .... thanx for the heads up the other day about our team captain Nate dropping in on me to check if I was really fishing or just goofing off! :LOL: Ha ha ha!
You know ..... taking tide pool pictures rather than going for the team points. I glad that I got the pic's out of the way early!
:LOL: Phewwwwwwww!!

Rhonda and I will be seeing you this Sat at HG-5 Brotha! :Cool:

Danimal!!! Still tearing it up my brother! You got energizers powering you? I am always happy to see my good friend getting out there and winning the small battles...but the war wages on! You inspire me!

Corporal croaker (ken)

See you in less than a week at hg5!

Hey Snake Bite Ken,

I'm very lucky to have a good woman that encourages me to get out there on Sat and Sun mornings! Rhonda knows how much that I luv to fish and she always supports me in my hobby! :Smile: She inspires me to never stop trying!

Rhonda and I will see you this Sat at HG-5 Brotha! :Cool:

Ooo I like this one! Never seen that before... it's bright and pretty! :LOL: Glad it got approved as an exotic species for points. Go team! :High Five:

Look forward to seeing you and Rhonda next weekend. :Razz:

Hi ya Tess,

:LOL: Actually ..... it was brown with yellow and green mixed in ... just like a Calico (Kelp) Bass. But I was so thrilled when the SWAT Central Command replied saying that it was worth points! :Big Grin: Yahoo! Go team!

Rhonda and I will see you "The Legend" this Sat at HG-5 my SWAT Sista! :Cool:

Looks like a happy "Waning Gibbous" day fishing the Kelp. !!!

I caught one of those (won,t say where) in the kelp once,

and I think they are called Kelp Wrasse.

Hi ya FS,

I looked up the Kelp Wrasse and they looked close but this had one a "V" shaped tail rather than a rounded tail. :Confused: Hmmmm.
But could still be a Wrasse .... it's a very large family of fish.

Thanx for your helpful input ....... but for now, I'll just call it a Kelp fish. :Smile: Ha ha ha!

Rhonda and I will see you this Sat at HG-5 Danial! :Cool:

Good job Dan! Keep it going and I could go undefeated for the season.....................LOL:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::R OFL::ROFL:

See ya Saturday
WWO

Hi ya Bill,

They say that moral support is half the battle ...... and this being said .... we make a good team! :Smile:

I can't wait to try out some of your mouth watering smoked Salmon or Steelhead .... hmmmmmmmm!

Rhonda and I will see you and Noriko this Sat at HG-5! :Cool:

Cool Kelp Fish Dan... if our team win this month, I vote you team MVP! :Envious:

Hey Commander!

Yea .... it was a cool fish!
If I get a vote in this MVP stuff ..... I'll put my ballot in for Tess, for her amazing come back after two years and that :EyePop: monstrous WSB of hers! She has my vote!

Rhonda and I will see you this Sat at HG-5 my Brotha! :Cool:

Sweet fish Dan! That's another species to cross of my list. We'll see you and Rhonda at HG5.

Hi ya Jason,

I'm surprised :EyePop: that you haven't beached a Kelp Fish as of yet!
Poseidon knows ... that you've beached just about every creature that he rules over in "His" under water domain!
I'm certain that with your luck that it's just a short matter of time before it happens for you Brotha Jason! :Wink:

Rhonda and I will see you this Sat at HG-5 my Brotha! :Cool:

TUNAVIC
09-24-2013, 11:42 AM
That's one of the biggest kelp fish I've seen,used to see quite a few in the past,not so much lately, thanks for the report.

Cya TUNAVIC

5150fishn
09-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Very cool report and pics as usual Dan. Congrats on the exotic kelp fish. See you at HG5!

bachiboy
09-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Hey Danimal,

I just came across one of these little guys today. I was up north and while walking the shoreline notice a strangely familiar shaped piece of kelp in the skinny. He was just laying there going in and out with the surge. I tried to get a quick pict of him but when I got close he knew his cover was blown and bolted out of there. I always thought these things would just hug the kelp and ambush prey. Pretty cool seeing one in 6" of water.:Wink: Maybe shoulda tried to tempt him with my LC and get our team 5 more points.:LOL: We definitely need em!

smokehound
09-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Dont understand what makes it exotic. I never liked that term, lol. I see people catch halis on boats and call them "exotic", it cracks me up.

You got brass for putting a finger near its mouth. lol I tried to lip a Kelpfish, and it ripped me open.

dlmoo312
09-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Nice kelp fish Dan!
Congrats on scoring some more points for your team with the exotic catch, and on getting a new PB!
That's a cool looking fish. How was the fight?

-Daniel

Which Way Out
09-24-2013, 09:18 PM

You have my vote as well Dan.

Sorry I don't think my Trophy wife is gonna make it this year.:Sad:

WWO

Homefish
09-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Cool look'n fish! Congrats!

SP Dan
09-25-2013, 01:39 PM
That's one of the biggest kelp fish I've seen,used to see quite a few in the past,not so much lately, thanks for the report.

Cya TUNAVIC

Hi ya TUNAVIC,

This is the second one caught by me and the first was :EyePop: half of this one's size!

See ya at HG-5! :Cool:

Very cool report and pics as usual Dan. Congrats on the exotic kelp fish. See you at HG5!

Thanx Dan,

It was a nice surprise!

Hey Danimal,

I just came across one of these little guys today. I was up north and while walking the shoreline notice a strangely familiar shaped piece of kelp in the skinny. He was just laying there going in and out with the surge. I tried to get a quick pict of him but when I got close he knew his cover was blown and bolted out of there. I always thought these things would just hug the kelp and ambush prey. Pretty cool seeing one in 6" of water.:Wink: Maybe shoulda tried to tempt him with my LC and get our team 5 more points.:LOL: We definitely need em!

Hi ya Brotha Don,

Hence the Boy Scout motto ..... "Always be prepared"! You'll get that pic next time .... :Wink: I'm Certain!

See ya at HG-5 Brotha!

Dont understand what makes it exotic. I never liked that term, lol. I see people catch halis on boats and call them "exotic", it cracks me up.

You got brass for putting a finger near its mouth. lol I tried to lip a Kelpfish, and it ripped me open.

It's just the category in which this particular fish is listed for points .... for our SWAT team monthly competition. :LOL: All in fun!

Nice kelp fish Dan!
Congrats on scoring some more points for your team with the exotic catch, and on getting a new PB!
That's a cool looking fish. How was the fight?

-Daniel

Thanx Daniel,

Our team is fishing hard and putting up points but can't seem to catch the other team! The other team is doing an excellent job of catching!

The fight was half of what a Calico would put up .... but never the least .... I was quite pleased! :Cool:

See ya at HG-5 Brotha!

You have my vote as well Dan.

Sorry I don't think my Trophy wife is gonna make it this year.:Sad:

WWO

Hi Bill,

Well tell your trophy wife Noriko that she will be missed and we hope to see her again soon! :Smile:

See ya at HG-5 Brotha! :Cool:

Cool look'n fish! Congrats!

Thanx HF,

It really was a cool looking fish!

See you at HG-5!