PDA

View Full Version : Saturday slay ride

DMS
09-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Out for another shot at Stripey yesterday. Got there early but still was 5th in line... Small bass tourney I guess... Hung with TO and Bassfan for a bit and then a quick launch and off. Almost stopped at last weeks place but no surface and I saw activity just over. First cast was a fish and then nada. Moved down the line picking off one at a time until I found them for a few more. Still not that wide so we trolled a bit looking. Buoy line was down and a troll around didn't look promising. Back to the spot we. Passed up and bassfan was killing them... Tossing em back so he didn't limit out before 8. Lulu and I had 7 in the box and we added another 6 tossing lures. Lulu is getting better and better with casting and she is doing perfect in playing them out. I got a nice 4# er and had another one almost to the boat... He spit the hook and immediately another one struck but didn't catch. Probably a follower trying to commit suicide. TO showed up and put a big green carp on the boat... I also had one hit the lure right at my feet as i was looking at the lure... very cool. We all tried a biltmore but they stopped cooperating so we trolled up 6 more in the area. Bit seemed to shut off so lulu suggested that the bite was over... I wanted to get one more for our 20 so we trolled some more and around and some other areas for poor marks and no more customers for at least another 1.5 hours until I went over a school for I hookup.... Got it to the boat and that sucker came off about 1 second before he was on the deck. Lulu said, "you farmed him?" Grr. Couldn't get another hitch so we called it. Pulled the boat and drove to the top to tie down and truck wouldn't start... Dang it... Left the lights on this morning. AAA showed up for a jump one hour later and on our way. Lulu was so cool about the delay and I got some snacks by the bait shop for the wait.
Total for the day was 19 stripers to 4# with. 6 on the troll. 6 on top water and 7 on plastics. We lost about 4 that came unbuttoned...(not farmed). Lulu has taken to pointing when fish are farmed as this is a new and very funny term for her. I recently explained what it meant as she couldn't figure out what I was talking about.
DMS

DMS
09-22-2013, 09:56 AM
It was great seeing bob and Jim out there and a fun day that was not too hot and not so much lice activity.

trail blazer
09-22-2013, 10:11 AM
dms and lulu= striper DEATH

TroutOnly
09-22-2013, 10:16 AM
GREAT SEEING YOU AND LULU DAN EVERYBODY WAS KILLIN IT SAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

flyhigh123
09-22-2013, 11:26 AM
great read! Man, i missed out this weekend! stuck at home finishing up some house work!

Bassfan
09-22-2013, 12:05 PM
That was fun having you and Lulu in the same area with me casting lures. Then when Bob came in it was a Crestliner trio fishing that cove. Seemed like everytime I looked over Lulu had a bent rod.

I ended up with 22 stripers including 5 big size and 4 green things by 9am. The first hour or so before you guys came in, that area was wide open and I had it to myself with boils at the shoreline every 10 minutes, birds fighting over the shad, and getting hit or hooked up almost every cast. Seemed like every time they boiled I already had a fish on and the boil stopped before I could cast to it.

Finally gave up and started trolling to add another 14. It was an epic bite day for me with that cloud cover until almost noon.
Can't wait for next week and hopefully more clouds.