PDA

View Full Version : skunk at sarl 9/21/13

allanon
09-21-2013, 11:23 AM
skunk. Nuff said. :Big Grin:

Arrived at 5pm and left at 9pm.

Was detecting fish but couldn't get them to bite. Fish were up in the column, not on the bottom.
If I had a rapala, might have been able to catch some, but alas only shrimp with me.

My buddy caught 1.

2 adults, 2 kids in a boat (6 poles) - 1 fish all night. Ouch.

That's why it's called fishing not catching!

fisherman951
09-24-2013, 03:08 PM
thanxs for the report. does friday night get packed with ppl or not really?

Cartman
09-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Man, I feel your pain. After reading an article about SARL I was thinking it might be worth visiting. It sure hurts to get skunked at an expensive place like that when you can get skunked for free at so many other places.

Mr T-rex
09-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Went on Saturday and also left with a big fat skunk!! Sucks I threw everything at them and nothing
I don't think that they are stocking as productive to keep a steady bite, Yes they are stocking twice a week but still the big lake needs more fish
I put my cat rods away for the season and im bringing out my trout rods
The only people catching fish are the members of team LGE lol

allanon
09-25-2013, 06:56 AM
thanxs for the report. does friday night get packed with ppl or not really?
When I was there opening week on Friday, it was practically deserted. I think there were only 1 to 2 other boats on the water. Shore had people, but was by no means packed.

This last Friday was much busier on the water. Probably about 6-7 boats including ours on the water...

allanon
09-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Went on Saturday and also left with a big fat skunk!! Sucks I threw everything at them and nothing
I don't think that they are stocking as productive to keep a steady bite, Yes they are stocking twice a week but still the big lake needs more fish
I put my cat rods away for the season and im bringing out my trout rods
The only people catching fish are the members of team LGE lol

I watch their videos prior to fishing SARL every time. I noticed only 2 tanks went into the big lake this week. I was detecting fish, but couldn't get them bite.
Maybe it was the sudden change in weather (it was overcast that entire day after being very hot for a while). It was also a full moon previous night, and I know that can sometimes effect the bite...