PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake Report - Amazing Fall Fishing! Video

Calicanuck
09-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I was up to Crowley lake the first week of September... sorry for the late report, been working a lot. Got myself a 16 foot fishing boat with 75hp on it and had to try it out before winter settles in the eastern Sierra. Headed up to Crowley Lake for three days of fishing and it was fantastic. The weather was great besides the afternoon wind and the fish were biting great. I'm not a fly fisherman so I was trying to midge fish with a spinning rod and small float and got tons of hits, but it was so hard to hook up. Didn't actually manage landing many that way. So started fish Berkley Flicker Shads and these things were working amazing. There were periods of day where I was getting hit every or every other cast. Most of the fish ranged from 10-18 inches in length. None over 18 inches so didn't end up keeping any but that is just fine, didn't get to have my BBQ. Well I have more footage with more action but for now here is a late morning fishing with my wife and daughter out on Crowley lake hooking up with a bunch. If you haven't been before or fish cranks for rainbows this video is for you as I share some tips out on the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSsHaYXCayU

Calicanuck
09-19-2013, 08:52 PM
I'll be posting more pics and video when I find them.

triton4bass
09-19-2013, 10:48 PM
That looks great, Fishing with the family and teaching the little one to fish. Your a lucky man

flybynight
09-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Nice vid., but u better put a lifejacket on ur little one .

shift21
09-20-2013, 01:57 AM
good video looked like some good fishing man, but i agree life jacket for the little one, my 5 year old swims in competitions and i still make him wear one just in case.

but regardless good fishing man looked fun.

Calicanuck
09-20-2013, 01:17 PM
good video looked like some good fishing man, but i agree life jacket for the little one, my 5 year old swims in competitions and i still make him wear one just in case.

but regardless good fishing man looked fun.

Yes you guys are 100% correct and she does most of the time. It was just a choice to have her out of it at that time since it is hot and we're watching her.

Here you go, evidence that we don't completely neglect our baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvb6BOD49aI

jimmy
09-20-2013, 04:28 PM
nice video and good fishin...

You don't see too many folks fishing with spining gear out there..

Glad to see you were getting them.....

Next time you will have to try the fly.. it gets pretty addicting...

Calicanuck
09-20-2013, 05:46 PM
nice video and good fishin...

You don't see too many folks fishing with spining gear out there..

Glad to see you were getting them.....

Next time you will have to try the fly.. it gets pretty addicting...

I don't know about the fly fishing being so addicting. That midge fishing is basically like using a bobber and bait. The fly fishing that I think is addicting is trout taking dry flies off the surface of a stream or pond. Midge and strike indicator is basically the bait and wait approach. I didn't come up this this, that is what a guy told me that I talked to out there who tried it for the first time, haha.

Ok so I guess in California it is the law that all peoples under the age of 12 wear a life jacket when on board a boat less than 26 feet. So that is good to know, she'll be strapped in whether she likes it or not now. I'll have to check but when I grew up in Canada we had no such laws.

Calicanuck
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
I just checked Canada Transport and there is no mandate or law in Canada require anyone, even children less than 12 to wear a life jacket. I guess they allow the people to use common sense up there.

Iflyforcarp
09-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. I also fished Crowley on 9/19 and 9/21. Great weather, great catching. We managed to keep one 18-incher and one 21-incher.

Your other video on cutthroat at Mxxxxx lake was fantastic too. Keep up the great work!

Calicanuck
09-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. I also fished Crowley on 9/19 and 9/21. Great weather, great catching. We managed to keep one 18-incher and one 21-incher.

Your other video on cutthroat at Mxxxxx lake was fantastic too. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Iflyforcarp.

golfish
09-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Great stuff, thanks for sharing..

Does anybody know if its easier then last year to launch tubes down at Leighton Springs and how low the water level is? My son and had to walk 1/3 of a mile last year with all of our gear out towards Alligator point to launch. He's 12 and I'm old. Its getting harder and harder for me to make that walk, schlepping all the gear for the both of us. We used to be able to drive down there to the old weather pole but the fine city of LA has sealed the way.

hamdenst
09-24-2013, 05:42 PM
CaliCanuck, I love your videos. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing with all of us. Fish on, brother!

Calicanuck
10-07-2013, 09:37 PM
CaliCanuck, I love your videos. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing with all of us. Fish on, brother!

Thanks so much! I'm glad people like them because I enjoy making them.