PDA

View Full Version : Water/Stain Proofing?

bassguycali
09-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Hey ya'll I am having an issue with rain gear and ruined apparel, does anyone have any experience with textile proofing and how to properly use it. I spend a lot of money on outdoor apparel and would like to maximize its use and keep it in good standing for as long as possible. Cause it is expensive.

DarkShadow
09-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Hey ya'll I am having an issue with rain gear and ruined apparel, does anyone have any experience with textile proofing and how to properly use it. I spend a lot of money on outdoor apparel and would like to maximize its use and keep it in good standing for as long as possible. Cause it is expensive.

Buying Gore Tex clothing usually does the trick for me, without having to add any type of chemicals to the fabric itself.

I've heard that after some time, the Gore Tex fabric will start letting some moisture through, and I've been recommended using McNett ReviveX to keep your older Gore Tex stuff going.

titos334
09-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Use nikwax products, it will help keep waterproofing when washing and can add waterproofing/repellency to non waterproof clothing