PDA

View Full Version : Topwatering at pudd

dday07
09-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Did alittle ninja fishing last nite till 10:30 p.m. full moon makes big diff. for topwatering...had 11 blowups and i lost all 11! 4 actually hooked... most frustrating nite of fishing in along time..gonna finally change my hooks on spook as always recommended.. going one more time tonite for some revenge...LOL!

jruiz
09-20-2013, 08:24 AM
You'll get them next time. I find that at dark there are a lot of missed hits because they can't see and that I'm moving the bait too fast. I normally slow down and lengthen my pauses on the retrieve. I hooked 5 last night, landed 3, lost 2. One was a a bad knot or he might have went under a log and broke me off because it got real tight all of a sudden with no give.

dday07
09-20-2013, 09:29 AM
You'll get them next time. I find that at dark there are a lot of missed hits because they can't see and that I'm moving the bait too fast. I normally slow down and lengthen my pauses on the retrieve. I hooked 5 last night, landed 3, lost 2. One was a a bad knot or he might have went under a log and broke me off because it got real tight all of a sudden with no give.

Yeah..went again last nite and got 2 right away on buzzbait...then went back to spook to reach weedline i have hits on...lost one then thought same thing too much side to side and fast for nite fishing...switched to popper twitched slow and bam nail one...i thing i'm back to popper after dark

swimB8smasher
09-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Cops pop up there at night and will ticket you for being in a city park after hours. Be careful dudes cause one little dink on a topwater aint worth a big fat ticket. People over in the RV cove love to call em in on ya.

dday07
09-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Cops pop up there at night and will ticket you for being in a city park after hours. Be careful dudes cause one little dink on a topwater aint worth a big fat ticket. People over in the RV cove love to call em in on ya.

Thanks for warning...same thing happens at quarry...people with nothing better to do calling cops on good citizens like me just trying to catch some fish:LOL:

jruiz
09-23-2013, 03:02 PM
I'll be there tonight. I usually leave when the raccoons and skunks take over.