PDA

View Full Version : Fulmor Lake in Idyllwild?

Bass Boy 14
09-18-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm planning to go to Idyllwild with my family in a few weeks. I saw that there was a lake right there. How is the fishing here? I know they stock trout and I think they have bluegill and bass as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
BB

Fishingkid97
09-18-2013, 10:04 PM
I have had fun fishing the stocker trout in lake fulmore I have not yet figured out the bass bite real good nothing bigger than a pound or 2 for me and real small blue Gil.

Bass Boy 14
09-20-2013, 07:51 AM
I have had fun fishing the stocker trout in lake fulmore I have not yet figured out the bass bite real good nothing bigger than a pound or 2 for me and real small blue Gil.

Thanks Fishingkid. What are you using for the trout - powerbait, spoons, power worms, etc?

tomar19
09-20-2013, 10:47 AM
I was just up there last Sunday. Had some fun with the blue gil and small bass on the fly rod. No trout action for me that day, but I've had a lot of luck with plastic trout worms/mice tails (brown or orange) and trout magnet jigs in the past (the bass and gils will hit them as well). The water level it pretty low right now, and there is a fair amount of lake weed on the inlet/outlet ends. There are still plenty of spots to drop a clean line though. Good luck.