PDA

View Full Version : Any tips of Rock Creek Lake area ...?

billy b
09-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Thought I'd drop off 395 coming home from the SC game and take a peek. Might wet a line also. I'm supposed to get some of the pie, right? Any other suggestions?

What about the Upper Owens ... or McGee Creek???

THANKS MUCHO

retired96
09-17-2013, 02:10 PM
I just came back yesterday after spending a week in Rock Creek... Fishing in the creek was rather slow with very small fish.... Fishing on the Upper Owens was excellent... They stocked it last Wednesday and put in a ton of 1-2 pound fish. I was catching 25-30 a day using various lures and salmon eggs... I released all fish except for 6 I brought home...

billy b
09-17-2013, 03:40 PM
You've got mail

Viejo
09-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I just came back yesterday after spending a week in Rock Creek... Fishing in the creek was rather slow with very small fish.... Fishing on the Upper Owens was excellent... They stocked it last Wednesday and put in a ton of 1-2 pound fish. I was catching 25-30 a day using various lures and salmon eggs... I released all fish except for 6 I brought home...

How do you release fish caught with Salmon eggs? I avoid using egg flies because fish were gut hooking themselves and even with barbless hooks, I was tearing up their gullets getting the fly out. Any suggestions or tips?

retired96
09-17-2013, 05:43 PM
How do you release fish caught with Salmon eggs? I avoid using egg flies because fish were gut hooking themselves and even with barbless hooks, I was tearing up their gullets getting the fly out. Any suggestions or tips?

The six I kept were the ones I caught were salmon eggs..