PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 9-14 limit with PB

Bassfan
09-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Started the day unsure of what to do and where to go. Saw TO in line and he gave me some ideas. Headed down the lake to do some looking around and saw one fish swirl on some shad so I pulled over and threw a lure in the general area and hooked up on the first cast. Kept casting around both sides of that point and also into open water. Kept getting hit and landed one after another including an 8.5 lb. and a 3 lb. Lost two more nice size ones half way through the fight.

Boated a total of 11 in that one spot and kept about half before the lure action died down. Still metered fish in the area so dropped an anchor and tried some sardines. Caught a few smaller ones but wanted to try and do some exploring with my new Elite-7 HDI unit.

Several times during the day I had a front row seat to see the master in action. As I was trying different methods to try and catch some, TO and company kept rolling by picking them off.
Drove around to see what would show on screen and when I found an area that looked promising I started trolling. Went right through some good marks but had no takers. Tried another spot for bait and picked up a few more small ones but the pleasure boats were making so many waves I decided to move.

At that point I saw Bob and mentioned my lack of action trolling. He whipped out the super top secret troll setup baits and tied on 3 with jig, body, leader and swivel and tossed them into my boat. I was down to my last hour before leaving but with such generous help I had to give it one more try. Using only one trolling rod I put on the TO magic and began to troll.

At first nothing happened until I got to an area where I metered a nice crowd of stripers and bang, a double hookup broke my trolling drought. Turned around and went back that way and got another fish. Turned again and another double. In about 40 minutes I hit 3 doubles and 2 singles. The guys fishing on shore were just shaking their heads.

I had a limit of fish and needed to leave but my enthusiasm for trolling was reignited and I can’t wait to get back. What a nice thing to do to help a fellow fisherman. Thanks again Bob, you da man!

MikesOcean
09-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Great job Bassfan on your PB. Nice fish!

And props to Bob on helping you on fish. No matter what anyone says about him, he's still the Big Boz!haha

Because of him, you will see a whole new light on fishing.

Great job out there and keep up the great work.

catchingsomefish
09-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Congrats on the fish, I have a feeling I know which ones Bob tossed to you, and they do work really well.....Keep up the good work....................Dave

DMS
09-15-2013, 08:25 PM
WTG! We got 9 today on breaking fish early. Then the boat traffic put down our fish. It was really hot and the pleasure boaters and skiers were off the hook.

fishinone
09-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Congrats on the PB Bassfan!

I've got a guess which lures Bob set you up with, that was nice of him.

What's with the like lice? Who told them they could have sign extended season?

billy b
09-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Bf ... NICE report

Is that an 8.5 in the picture? Jes Kurios ... looks bigger to my novice eye

congrats

Bassfan
09-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Bf ... NICE report

Is that an 8.5 in the picture? Jes Kurios ... looks bigger to my novice eye

congrats

That was the 8.5 in the picture. No guessing, I used a digital scale hoping to see a DD but 8.5 made my day. Gave him to a friend along with 7 more but he arrived after dark so the picture is a bit shadowy. The other two went into a stir fry over rice for Sunday dinner. MMmm good!