PDA

View Full Version : Even More Morning Quickie

Master Baiter1
09-15-2013, 08:32 AM
One spot, one fish before getting things ready for my son's b-day party today and some peeks at some Sunday football. Go Dolphins! Sunny, glassy and clear water again. 3/16 flow. Bright morning and clear water run a bright lure. Lemon shad was on the breakfast menu.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/delfanilou1/Duct9-15-13_zps833e4137.jpg

Bigbuggy
09-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Nice!!! Your consistency is awsome!

Mr.White
09-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Every time I look at this sight I know I'm gonna see a new fish you got haha, I don't know how you do it.
I took my bike out today and rode from 60 th to highland pump and fished all along the way and got skunked again

Master Baiter1
09-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Nice!!! Your consistency is awsome!
You will get on em too.

Every time I look at this sight I know I'm gonna see a new fish you got haha, I don't know how you do it.
I took my bike out today and rode from 60 th to highland pump and fished all along the way and got skunked again

What time did you go? Was the water still flowing? The birthday party is winding down and I'm thinking of giving it an afternoon go but I still have some guests. I don't wanna kick em out just to go fish lol. I'm actually hoping flow is shut down. I need to walk off the food and cake.

I'm probably not going to post any more reports. I'll just comment and help people out from here on out. I am glad to see others getting on fish that had a tough go at it before and seemed to be getting discouraged and frustrated. To the guys I exchanged PMs with I told you guys you would get on em and you did. Mr.White, you too will get on them and go on catch streaks. For those that like to bait fish, I know the bait bite is better and has been better than lures recently but I just don't do bait except for a few times a year and that's targeting catfish and not stripers. I like the challenge of getting stripers on lures in the slower times like now and the past couple of months. Bait bite is like lure fishing too. You need to move around and find them. You can get 30+ bites on chicken liver if you find those 17" to 20" schoolies but the hook ratio is minimal. The trick to getting the stripers to swallow the bait is to move it slightly once getting bit. They will then attack it. Bait and wait is a lost cause imo but that is what most do.

Mr.White
09-15-2013, 05:43 PM
I went at about 8:30, I was tryin to go earlier but just couldn't get out of the house, the water wasn't flowing but was really clear, I was using a few slash baits and a white fluke, thought I felt some bites. What times do you usually go?

Master Baiter1
09-15-2013, 07:12 PM
The bite you felt if soft is your lure going through a minnow school and you happen to tap one. I had several of those close to the edge but just down out of sight. The bait has moved a little deeper. I go whenever I can. This morning I went to one spot because I had plans the rest of the day with my son's b-day party prep. Yesterday I was only able to go in the morning too because of family plans. Friday I only was able to go in the afternoon after work cause I had to be far away early in the morning. The prior outing to that I had some time to kill because I didn't have to be in early at work. About 2 months back I couldn't get out at much at all because I had a super busy work load and there was no time. That's what's nice living close to the duct. You can go any time and it's free and open 24/7. Not to mention it's one of the best fisheries. I just love the duct and always have since I was a teen, when I first started fishing it. I never tire of it even though I have seen a lot of people come and go. It's definitely not for everyone but I would rather fish the duct than any lake, river or stream. All duct all the time is my motto lol.

Mr.Pink
09-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Don't stop posting reports! I like to be reminded that there's still fish out there lol

Bigbuggy
09-15-2013, 09:14 PM
I 2nd that, Mr Pink. Keep reporting MB.

Master Baiter1
09-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Don't stop posting reports! I like to be reminded that there's still fish out there lol
I can remind you weekly even without posting a report if you like Haha.

I 2nd that, Mr Pink. Keep reporting MB.
I wanna see more reports from everyone else whether skunk or catch. It gets the conversation going. There are many angles to talk about even if not catching fish.

koifish
09-16-2013, 09:25 AM
I can remind you weekly even without posting a report if you like Haha.

I wanna see more reports from everyone else whether skunk or catch. It gets the conversation going. There are many angles to talk about even if not catching fish.

Send some to the West....i cant find them at night !!! lol...

Anglerism
09-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for report MB1. I use to go to the a duct few times to target stripers but never did catch one. I kinda quit. Its difficult. I'm driving from san fernando valley and gas gets expensive . Anyway, I've gone night fishing for catfish and had better luck with those. I do want to try for stripers again so I'm gathering all the ammos. I bought some zoom fluke white pearl Bass pro and 4 red 1 oz hammer jig head at sport athority. Question for you MB1, What water level are stripers biting. Are they biting at the bottom? PM me please. I promise I'll report when I catch that One striper. Thats all I want just 1 striper!... for now. :)

Mr.Pink
09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks for report MB1. I use to go to the a duct few times to target stripers but never did catch one. I kinda quit. Its difficult. I'm driving from san fernando valley and gas gets expensive . Anyway, I've gone night fishing for catfish and had better luck with those. I do want to try for stripers again so I'm gathering all the ammos. I bought some zoom fluke white pearl Bass pro and 4 red 1 oz hammer jig head at sport athority. Question for you MB1, What water level are stripers biting. Are they biting at the bottom? PM me please. I promise I'll report when I catch that One striper. Thats all I want just 1 striper!... for now. :)

I'd like to know that too. I just had a convo with mopar about some people working the bottom where as some have a quicker action with the fluke to keep it higher.

Master Baiter1
09-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Send some to the West....i cant find them at night !!! lol...
I caught some west but during the day. Vampire fishing sucks anyway HAHA.

I'll just tell you here instead of pm-ing. I get most of my fish mid water on the fall on the jigs. Flow conditions don't matter. I strictly use 1oz lead heads regardless. I would pass on the expensive lead heads with color and eyes and all that other stuff that only makes your wallet lighter. You can get lead heads cheap on ebay. I usually get a 60 pack of 1oz shad heads on 7/0 hooks for like $25-$30 delivered. I go through quite a few, not because I lose them but I give em out to friends and also strangers I run into out there. I know it sucks to drive so far if you are not local but there is nothing that can be done about that.

I'd like to know that too. I just had a convo with mopar about some people working the bottom where as some have a quicker action with the fluke to keep it higher.

I have caught them on the bottom but like I have stated countless times on here, mid water, roller coaster/sine wave retrieve is what gets most for me. Striper have great eyes and located further up on their head than most fish so they can see above them really well. The duct is not too deep so mid water you are easily in their vision and their sense. A Pointer only goes a couple of feet deep and they love them. You can work a lipless at various depths but even those I keep mid to upper water column. main reason is not to snag 2 big trebles on the bottom and lose them. Now a cracked and leaking Pointer can be counted down and made to run a little deeper and more mid water.

Mr.Pink
09-17-2013, 09:52 AM
I caught some west but during the day. Vampire fishing sucks anyway HAHA.

I'll just tell you here instead of pm-ing. I get most of my fish mid water on the fall on the jigs. Flow conditions don't matter. I strictly use 1oz lead heads regardless. I would pass on the expensive lead heads with color and eyes and all that other stuff that only makes your wallet lighter. You can get lead heads cheap on ebay. I usually get a 60 pack of 1oz shad heads on 7/0 hooks for like $25-$30 delivered. I go through quite a few, not because I lose them but I give em out to friends and also strangers I run into out there. I know it sucks to drive so far if you are not local but there is nothing that can be done about that.

I have caught them on the bottom but like I have stated countless times on here, mid water, roller coaster/sine wave retrieve is what gets most for me. Striper have great eyes and located further up on their head than most fish so they can see above them really well. The duct is not too deep so mid water you are easily in their vision and their sense. A Pointer only goes a couple of feet deep and they love them. You can work a lipless at various depths but even those I keep mid to upper water column. main reason is not to snag 2 big trebles on the bottom and lose them. Now a cracked and leaking Pointer can be counted down and made to run a little deeper and more mid water.

Thanx for that info. I feel like I'm doin all the right stuff I just gotta keep at it. Idk if I got it in me to crack my pointer, altho if it cracks on accident I won't just throw it out lol.

Master Baiter1
09-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanx for that info. I feel like I'm doin all the right stuff I just gotta keep at it. Idk if I got it in me to crack my pointer, altho if it cracks on accident I won't just throw it out lol.

Yeah just stick with it and it will happen. I definitely don't throw my cracked and peeled finish Pointers away. They catch more fish than the new shiny one.

Master Baiter1
09-17-2013, 05:33 PM
They're getting BIGGER! :Wink: