PDA

View Full Version : Most fun fishing with friends ever Castaic report

cutbait
09-14-2013, 11:36 AM
MO invited AA and I for a day at Castaic. MO needed the sweet release of drag peelers to alleviate some stress..

Let me tell ya, there is no more generous man than MO. What a capt.? Supplied all food and drank! Should be reverse red.

Anyway I'm 2 in line and MO is 3. ToutOnly is 1.

Let the smack talk begin! Was almost as much fun as fishing.

Bass Acaer rolls up, good seeing again boz.

Bob and us strategize and find out we are headed in two directions and two techniques. Bob gives the low down on Thurs kill fest and soon it was off.

Swirling action in marina and I pick one off on the bama. No size

Pick up AA and enroute to TB bay. Slow pick with a few 3 lb mixed in. Troll to MO point and find a real active school. All dinks!

By now its the mid morning lull. Find the red crest liner and compare notes. Seems pretty equal as far as bait to troll bites.

I wish you could see the Kittie kill bags on that red crest liner.

We managed a few more to near limits by the time I had to leave for work at 2pm.

Bluebird skies
Lake level was up 3 ft overnight.
Shad as thick as can be.
Swirling is building but not boil status yet.

Boils were spotted but very sparse.

Word was both the bling bling and red crest liner both found active schools late in day.

Here's the approaching limit recount to make sure we are still under limit. Once we start venturing into the twenties seems everyone forgets if its 23 or 24 or.. ended being 28. Lol

Thanks AA and MO for the fun trip. Had more fun hanging with you guys than I did catching those dinks

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/IMG959559_zps077b57df.jpg

dk4885
09-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Nice job killing mr striper.

catchingsomefish
09-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Looks like too much fun Mike...When you find em , its wide open....................Dave

trail blazer
09-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Killers!,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MikesOcean
09-14-2013, 04:28 PM
All I have to say is I had a total BLAST!!!

Great fun and catching.

I had 1st class service from cb and AA. TB you trained cb well. He wouldn't let me do chit. He did everything for me. He wouldn't even let me drop rigs. And AA handing me all my food and drinks. Just spoiled I tell you.

I had tons of fun with all the chit talking and laughs I think yesterday will be hard to beat.

We had slow time late morning early afternoon which made it nice for us to take a break and goof off.

We had to drop cb off at dock at 2pm and me and Brian decided we were going to close the lake down. Caught more fish and got into some top water right before we had to go in(all dinks). Great way to end the day.

Thanks fellas. I had a blast. Can't wait to do it again.

DISCLOSURE:
I will say this again!!!!

The bite on troll is getting full speed again.

If any of you on the board don't know how to catch these fish on the troll or
Your a lurker, YOU HAVE TO CALL TROUT ONLY (Bob) or
Just call him Boz and he will have more respect for you. Make an
Appointment and call him Boz and you will get 10 off.

Just make sure you tip him good. Cuz you will catch more fish
Then you know what to do with.

TroutOnly
09-14-2013, 07:34 PM
C/B M/O A/A you guys are great striper killing buddys ,its really fun to have friends who love the fishing and crap talking fun like we do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bait-boz-bob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishinone
09-17-2013, 10:00 AM
How did I miss this post before?

I must have been too busy dove hunting last weekend. The dove were hunkered down. We walked them up. I haven't walked that far in ages. then I had to sleep! LOL

Nice catch guys!