PDA

View Full Version : corona lake 09/12.13..... don't know about this lake anymore

mission89
09-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi every one! it was my second time at this lake, me and my buddy rented a boat and started off at 530 pm. we headed over to the south side were all the sticks are sticking out of the water and didn't catch anything for 30 minutes. We moved our way north along the trees and didn't catch anything also finally we moved to the boat docks and caught a dink catfish at about 9 pm. the first time we went there we also only cough one by the dam. I don't know if i should give up on this place or what ! we were using shrimp and whoop *** mackerel fly lined. idk what we are doing wrong but i can't seem to get in on the fish even while using my fishin buddy fish finder. any help? should i try the irvine lake next time instead? i have a float tube but dont know if its worth it to even use it there anymore.

Mr T-rex
09-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Go salt water and wait till trout season..

GhettoBasser
09-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Careful what you write. You could get banned for 2 weeks.

ben0606
09-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi every one! it was my second time at this lake, me and my buddy rented a boat and started off at 530 pm. we headed over to the south side were all the sticks are sticking out of the water and didn't catch anything for 30 minutes. We moved our way north along the trees and didn't catch anything also finally we moved to the boat docks and caught a dink catfish at about 9 pm. the first time we went there we also only cough one by the dam. I don't know if i should give up on this place or what ! we were using shrimp and whoop *** mackerel fly lined. idk what we are doing wrong but i can't seem to get in on the fish even while using my fishin buddy fish finder. any help? should i try the irvine lake next time instead? i have a float tube but dont know if its worth it to even use it there anymore.

If you look back in June I wrote 3-4 post with tips and 1 post going into detail.

Carptain_Bao
09-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Careful what you write. You could get banned for 2 weeks.
So you did get banned for 2 weeks huh? I wrote a post about you and got deleted as well.

blakeb
09-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I agree with Rex just wait till trout season I haven't fished corona or Santa Ana in months but come trout season I go every weekend. They are both Great Lakes

And float tubing both of these lakes are awesome.
Good luck out there

Give salt a try ocean is kicken right now

etucker1959
09-13-2013, 09:31 PM
I agree with Rex just wait till trout season I haven't fished corona or Santa Ana in months but come trout season I go every weekend. They are both Great Lakes

And float tubing both of these lakes are awesome.
Good luck out there

Give salt a try ocean is kicken right now

FYI SARL is back!!!!!! At least if your in a boat.

Marley
09-13-2013, 09:58 PM
FYI SARL is back!!!!!! At least if your in a boat.

I so wish I could get out on SARL right now, it's just gotta be going off. Good suggestion about the brine. I made it out a month ago on a day anna haffer and dropped a limit of BFT, over 200 pounds of whole tuna. Passed out in my bunk when the boat moved to find paddies, missed the mid-day yellow mayhem until the last kelp of the day, where I caught another nice tuna. There's enough in jars for a year and loins for a couple more BBQ's.
Plus, albies hit off Morro Bay last week so that's a possibility. If you've never chased those things, read up on tackle and techniques and treat yourself.