PDA

View Full Version : late report: Mission Belle 9/17 3/4 day

dixenormous
09-19-2007, 07:59 PM
My buddy and I decided to fish Coronado Islands since there is no local action here at Catalina. We boarded the Mission Belle out of Point Loma. There was only 20 people on board so that was good. We fished throughout the Island and came up on a lot of nice size bonitos and a couple of yellows on bait. I’ve never fished the Islands before but only heard about the seal problems. I didn’t think it was that bad till I’ve actually seen it for myself. Getting my bait out and trying to land the fish was kind of a challenge. Overall it was a good day of fishing. Our last stop is what really made the trip. The captain chummed scoops of small chovies since we ran out of sardines. About 5 mins later we had boiling yellows. Most of the guys started chucking irons and a lot where getting hit. My buddy and I got our yellows on the blue/wht. Some where using mint, and some greenish colored iron. The boat must have landed 12 yellows on that last stop. Well heres the picture of our yellows. My count for that day was 5 bonitos and 1 yellow, and my buddy was 2 calicos, 5 bonitos and 1 yellow.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp3/yellow1.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp3/yellow2.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp3/yellow3.JPG

Oz
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
sweet report and trip...those are some nice lookin YT...but what # class were they that u caught???

damn sea donkeys :dedhorse:

k3vin_kim
09-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Nice report. Looks like Brad's not the only lucky one at Coronado's.

PEACE~!

BTW, OSIITO~!!!!! I'm psyched that you are sporting the No Banana Union AVATAR.. that's friekin' sweet~!

Oz
09-20-2007, 12:58 AM
yea k3v gotta represent...tired of people with bananas on boats :lol: and its a tight avatar too 8)

fishyharraser
09-20-2007, 01:02 AM
Very nice YT
gratz

Wingnut
09-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Awesome Yellows! Great trip.

uandme
09-20-2007, 12:01 PM
DAMN DIX! that's a good size yellow! :D

dixenormous
09-20-2007, 05:29 PM
sweet report and trip...those are some nice lookin YT...but what # class were they that u caught???

Well im not really sure, but my guess would be in the 15 - 20 pound range at the most.... I also lost a couple of fish to the dogs too...

DAMN DIX! that's a good size yellow! :D

Hey Jackie whats up man where you been hiding out these days....

hookemdano
09-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Nice yellers! :thumb:

SOSO
09-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the report! I dont know which i like better, eating yellowtail or catching yellowtail... Get a Shimano Spring scale to measure the weight. They work great!

troutdog
09-20-2007, 10:09 PM
That kinda of report gets my blood pumping, congrats on the YTs. You always remember the trip when the last stop saves the day, that is awesome. Do you have jig sticks or just make due with a 7 footer like I do? Keep the reports coming!

TD

Jikser
09-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the invite u bastids! Good job on the iron mang...cya in cabo!

JapanRon
09-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi dixenormous,

Nice job guys !! Glad to see someone getting into the fishys!

JapanRon