PDA

View Full Version : Santa Ana River Lakes will RE-OPEN Thursday September 12, 2013 !!

fishinglakes.com
09-09-2013, 11:10 AM
The construction at Santa Ana River Lakes is almost complete and we will be able to re-open Santa Ana River Lakes on Thursday, Sept 12th, 2013, for Day and Night fishing every day and 24 hour fishing on weekends. The banks will still be steep while we are waiting for the water to fill all the upstream ponds and finally arrive at our Lakes. However here’s the good news:
1. The Water District is cutting flat benches in the sides of the large Trout Lake, with easy, walking access to these flat areas, from ramps at the top of the Lake to the water’s edge.

2. Until the water returns to full capacity, ALL RENTAL BOATS AND PONTOON BOATS ARE HALF PRICE, AT SANTA ANA RIVER LAKES ONLY.

3. We will be stocking the big Lake, prior to our opening, on Thursday the 12th, with thousands of pounds of beautiful Channel Cats and Blue Catfish.

4. But here’s the best part. While the Water District was involved in Construction projects, other lakes were drained and we were called in to harvest the fish. We caught hundreds of huge catfish, some in excess of 20 pounds. But it didn’t stop there. We caught even more huge, bucket mouth bass that had been living in those lakes, undisturbed by fishermen for years. We also got some slab sized Crappie, as large as any I’ve seen.

5. Guess What?? Every one of those fish were transported live and dumped in the Large Lake at Santa Ana River Lakes.

fisherman951
09-16-2013, 03:20 PM
will the rentals be half off this saturday? i want to rent a pontoon and do i need reservation?

fisherman951
09-18-2013, 10:05 PM
any1 has some info for me????

allanon
09-19-2013, 07:54 AM
I believe rentals are half off every day now due to the new "design" of the lake (or until it gets filled up again).
I don't know about reservations. have you tried their facebook page? You might get an answer from them there...

fisherman951
09-19-2013, 01:03 PM
I believe rentals are half off every day now due to the new "design" of the lake (or until it gets filled up again).
I don't know about reservations. have you tried their facebook page? You might get an answer from them there...

no Facebook for me but i think im still going saturday so hopefully they are half off still