PDA

View Full Version : weekend report !!!!

EfrenM
09-08-2013, 09:45 PM
I hit Castaic on Saturday morning around 6am I was only there for a bit over 3 hours and caught 6 stripers ranging from 1 ½lbs to 3lbs. As I was heading back to my car I saw a friend we started talking and he told me he had just bought a new boat and that if I wanted to come back Sunday he didn’t have to ask me twice. So this morning I headed out around 6am met him there walked onto the dock and saw a huge school of shad and 15 lmb and 3 stripers after them. Seeing that made me anxious I was eager to head out. The first spot we hit we used blood worms and lug worms we caught around 20 in 3 hours. The bite died off so we hit a second spot we were there for around two hours but only caught one. We decided to move once again to a spot where we saw a few shad jump out and all of a sudden there was a boil about 15 feet away from us first cast with LC 100sp and I landed an 8 lbs about 40 feet from the first boil another boil started where I caught another 5lbs but he didn’t have any luck he was upset so decided to change his Sammy for the LC 100sp and another boil started each boil was from around 15-20 seconds with good size fish though cause on the third one I caught a 3lbs. First time out on a boat in Castaic and I was able to fish 6 boils and caught pretty good size stripers I don’t think I could ask for more. The last hour we were there was when the other 3 boils started and only caught one from those three. Overall we caught around 35 we kept our limit and released the rest. Thanks for reading and here’s the pic of the biggest one of the day.42516

fishinone
09-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the report. Nice catch. It looks like you helped your buddy break that boat in right.

We were trolling yesterday afternoon/evening. I was telling the guys that some of the schools we saw on the fish finder we wanting to boil but we didn't see them boil.

EfrenM
09-09-2013, 03:38 PM
When we got to the third spot we saw some guys trolling with small swimbaits and they said that they saw fish on the top on their fish finder they then left and five minutes later the boil started

flyman
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM
hi guys, i will be going shore fishing, do you think i have any luck in castaic for striper? i will have one pole with bait and the other pole i will be casting lures.

thanks

EfrenM
09-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah you will make sure to take some blood worms with you though those always work for me also use an 8 pound test with a one oz slider sinker carolina rig with a 2 ft leader of 8lbs flourocarbon cast it out as far as you can

dkinla
09-12-2013, 10:01 PM
hi guys, i will be going shore fishing, do you think i have any luck in castaic for striper? i will have one pole with bait and the other pole i will be casting lures.

thanks

Hey flyman! I agree with pepesca master!

Checkout my old post:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?65293-quot-It-s-about-dam-time-quot-as-Lebron-James-would-say-(pics-funny-video)-6-28am&highlight=Castaic

I haven't gone to shore fish off the dam at Castaic (or at Pyramid) for a while now since it's just too hot for me.. And the Mrs. wouldn't be able to stand the heat either!! :LOL: I've been going surf fishing a lot more this summer lately to escape the heat of the Valley!

Anyways, bloodworms work great and sometimes just plain nightcrawlers off the dam. You could try various lures.. But you're best bet is prob to put bloodworms on one rod and maybe cut sardine or nightcrawler on the other rod and see which one is getting bit. Not sure how the weed/moss situation is out there either.

Gluck. Lookin forward to your report.

flyman
09-13-2013, 08:54 AM
wow man thank yhou so much guys thank you so much, where can i buy some blood worms? thanks

Hey flyman! I agree with pepesca master!

Checkout my old post:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?65293-quot-It-s-about-dam-time-quot-as-Lebron-James-would-say-(pics-funny-video)-6-28am&highlight=Castaic

I haven't gone to shore fish off the dam at Castaic (or at Pyramid) for a while now since it's just too hot for me.. And the Mrs. wouldn't be able to stand the heat either!! :LOL: I've been going surf fishing a lot more this summer lately to escape the heat of the Valley!

Anyways, bloodworms work great and sometimes just plain nightcrawlers off the dam. You could try various lures.. But you're best bet is prob to put bloodworms on one rod and maybe cut sardine or nightcrawler on the other rod and see which one is getting bit. Not sure how the weed/moss situation is out there either.

Gluck. Lookin forward to your report.

dkinla
09-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Yup. Everyone gets bait at Gallions on the corner of Parker Rd and Castaic Rd.

If you're coming on 5 north... Get off at Parker Rd. make a right turn, and you'll see the Gallions gas station/market at the next intersection off to your left. They have sardines, nightcrawlers, bloodworms, etc. and good sandwiches to go at the deli counter.

trail blazer
09-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Great report, Beautiful striper!

TRAIL BLAZER

EfrenM
09-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Tnx Trail Blazer

flyman
09-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Question how fresh is their sardines bait? I haven't been fishing for a while about 2 years in castaic but I know fish are picky there but I always buy bait from marina del ray and put it in my cooler for the next day. Curious to know how fresh it is.

Yup. Everyone gets bait at Gallions on the corner of Parker Rd and Castaic Rd.

If you're coming on 5 north... Get off at Parker Rd. make a right turn, and you'll see the Gallions gas station/market at the next intersection off to your left. They have sardines, nightcrawlers, bloodworms, etc. and good sandwiches to go at the deli counter.

EfrenM
09-19-2013, 07:30 PM
They don't have any sardines at gallion's right now ( just frozen ) but the fish aren't in the mood for sardines right now the last few time I hit castaic worms and shad did it for me or any shad lures I've been catching on the LC100sp from the shore