PDA

View Full Version : Sat and sun twofer

DMS
09-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Headed out sat am with lulu. 2nd in line and after readying sat in the boat enjoying the stars and coyotes howling and listening to the sound of wind zinging through my lines as they waited for time to fish. The bass tourney had the lake cut by the time they let us in so we headed for the bait spot. Seemed to get a slow start then the action stared. We had once where all four rods had fish on the deck with hooks still in the mouth and no baits in the water. We had a bit of trouble anchoring as the wind was pushing and from a different direction. As we were approaching limits the wind shifted and we swung around. We were pushed off the spot a bit but tried to stick it out to finish off. Finally got one more after an hour so we tried some trolling several places for nada. It was hot and we had company coming for dinner so we called it before noon with 17 fish of no very impressive size. The fish finder seemed broken in my troll looking but hey... It was hot and the lice were chasing them down.

Today lulu was handling a meeting at the Chinese consulate for her new teaching position at csun so my daughter and I headed out hoping to clock the like Ron did on Monday afternoon. We hit the lake a bit after 2 to see a fire the next ridge over and saw the scoopers and water dropping Helicopters doing their thing getting water from the lake. Lake patrol seemed to be running interference with the lice as the planes did their thing. It was a bit windy. I saw a big ball of shad at the dock but couldn't dip them. Those bastards are fast and the dock was a madhouse. Started trolling and mostly seemed to be the same bad marks as Saturday. After a while and checking a few places we headed to the bait spot. Saw Ron with Kahn and Dan and they didn't like the crappy bait spot marks. I hoped I could scratch up a bite... Anchored fine but did a bit more swinging than I like. Finally started getting some customers but they were really sluggish and halfhearted. Then I hooked one for kaitlyn and she farmed it. But we got her one and kicked the skunk back! A few more bites without a hitch and the sun dipped behind the mountain and the fish started showing up on the fish founder. But we were about out of time. Saw Ron working across the way but don't know if he found them. I got some interesting dope on some other bait bioctches at the ramp.
It would have been nice for kaitlyn to finally get them. This was the third trip this year with us where it was a scratch but no skunks. She wants to go next weekend on Sunday with lulu and me. Busy weekend next week as I am doing a 20 minute set with a group it the borderline in Thousand Oaks and Saturday will watch the filming of sessions with cheap trick for directv. So fishing is on Sunday next week.

I missed the usual gang on Saturday. Ron thanks for the invite today. Would have joined you but got in some daddy daughter time before we have an empty nest.

DMS

fishinone
09-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Nice seeing you out there Dan.

That's the second time that I've been to that point lately and not seen the fish in the zone. I always meter around if they aren't there I find another spot.

We planned to bait n wait but it turned out that I forgot my anchors. It sounds like that worked out well because we found 3 schools that were willing to play and picked off 20 for the day.

TroutOnly
09-09-2013, 08:06 AM
well dan at least you got out and caught some fish, i was occupied all week end with the wedding of my youngest son , and was doing some work on the boat in between everything else,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

flyhigh123
09-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Great Report Dan! nice to get out two days. Seems like these fish are here one day, gone the next.

Congrats on the wedding TO.

DMS
09-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Nice seeing you out there Dan.

That's the second time that I've been to that point lately and not seen the fish in the zone. I always meter around if they aren't there I find another spot.

We planned to bait n wait but it turned out that I forgot my anchors. It sounds like that worked out well because we found 3 schools that were willing to play and picked off 20 for the day.

Ron,
It looked like you found something there across the way. We kept hoping that they would go as we did start metering some scattered fish. They started showing up good at quitting time. Congrats. It was really cool how much I am enjoying the fishing process even in some occaisional dry spells. I am really enjoying the boat and being out there with family.

TO, congrats on the wedding too... hope to see you out there soon again now that you got family business out of the way. did you upgrade the flintstone anchors? I love being out there and I love catching fish... I can never get enough (which I know if the same for you!)

Flyhigh... I figured I must put a grill on my boat to get them hungry... ummm better not, there won't be room for me if I put any more gear on the boat.

fishinone
09-09-2013, 12:25 PM
well dan at least you got out and caught some fish, i was occupied all week end with the wedding of my youngest son , and was doing some work on the boat in between everything else,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

Congratulations to your son on his wedding!

Post a pic of yourself wearing a suit! LOL

flyhigh123
09-09-2013, 01:22 PM
haha, actually i highly recommend the coleman fold n go grill. Its really compact, and easy to use. Its amazing how a warm meal make a day of fishing that much better. The grill measures about 14 inches by 14 inches and stows away nicely. I spent around 60-70 for it.

TroutOnly
09-10-2013, 06:42 PM
OK RON HERE YOU GO,,,,,,,,,,,,HIRO OF THE STRIPERCANDY.COM HOOKED ME UP WITH THE SUIT SHIRT AND TIE ,I LOOKED GOOD FOR AN OLD HARDCORE FISHERMAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1767_zpsc1a27ae3.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/DSCN1767_zpsc1a27ae3.jpg.html)

fishinone
09-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Wow Bob! You clean up real nice.

karlow
09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
You are looking dam presentable Bob!
Congrats on the family extension!

KP

cutbait
09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Bob looking SHARP!

Is it safe to assume that is Mrs. Only?

Mr Only has some fire in those eyes in that pic!

;-)

trail blazer
09-12-2013, 03:56 AM
STRAIGHT PIMPIN right there,,,,,,,,,,

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1767_zpsc1a27ae3.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/DSCN1767_zpsc1a27ae3.jpg.html)