PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish deep creek lately?

titos334
09-08-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm planning on going up with a buddy this Friday and am having trouble finding any reports on conditions. If it's really bad ill go to lake Gregory instead.

Viejo
09-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Go to Gregory or Jenks. Water is extremely low and very warm. 62 degrees at 8 am and 71 degrees at 11. The low oxygen content is tough on fish even with the mandatory special regs C&R.

Jenks has been fishing well and lots of small bass...bluegill and some holdover trout. Buddy of mine float tubed it yesterday and limited on Trout in three hours using Flashback Pheasant Tail nymphs. The Bluegill and small Bass are eating the nymphs as well.

Troutin Man
09-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Viejo is spot-on. gregory or jenks is the way to go. bbl is still fair fishing, but you got to boat it right now. jenks is getting stocked again to it should be fun!

Kingfish Addict
09-10-2013, 06:48 AM
Fished Deep Creek a few months ago and it was really low then, I can only imagine it now. Let's all pray for a super deep snowpack this winter because the Sierras are suffering also...

gogreeenz4
09-10-2013, 08:45 AM
its basically dry... Was up there two weeks ago and you were lucky to find pools that could hold fish let alone fish.. Sawl three dead bows and a dead brown on the bank looked like the flows were so low this year the fish never really had a chance..Next summer could be the end

Troutin Man
09-10-2013, 10:02 PM
CA needs rain bad...we need rain bad...trout need rain bad. Arrowbear Lake is completely dried out as well. I mean...no water. The sierras are crazy dry. Rivers usually 20 feet deep in certain spots are only 3 to 4 feet deep. Not good. Algae blooms and weeds are high sucking the oxygen out of the water. Pray for rain people. Do a rain dance. stop driving cars? not ready for that...but do your rain dance!