PDA

View Full Version : Family, Friends And Fishing With SWAT Bros!

SP Dan
09-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Sunday
Sun Rise: 0632 hrs, Sun Set: 1909 hrs.
Air: 64 - 82 deg, Water: 62 deg, warmed up 3 deg since last report. Sky: Beautiful sunrise and clear.
Surf: flat ... 1 ft to 2 ft , Swell: 1.1 ft , Sec Intervals: 11
Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent.
Conditions: flat (with a few Tanker rogue breakers thrown into the mix), clear, clean water, a few small areas had some brown dirty water but we just fished around them. Arthur and I had seen quite a few large Cobina cruising past out feet in the surf! They just wouldn't take our :Rolls Eyes: offerings today.
Tides: 0600 hrs ICT 1.0 ft, 0800 hrs ICT 2.6 ft, 0900 hrs ICT 3.7 ft.
Isolunar Forecast: Minor Period: 0857 to 1057 hrs. :BFish::BFish::BFish:
Bait presence: NADA!
Duration:0610 hrs to 1030 hrs.
Assault Tactic: LC 110 MS Anchovy
Gear: Saint Croix Avid 9'-6" 8-17 lb MF, Van Staal VS-100G reel with 55 lb 8-carrier braided Diawa Samurai line.
AO (Area of Operation): Pacific Ocean, LA County

My alarm went off at 0500 hrs and it took me all of three minutes to decide to get up and hit my local spot ... and I am sure :Big Grin: glade that I did!
My feet were salty at 0610 hrs.
I needed this session more than I had realized it at the time... I needed to get my focus back on track and to re-fill my spiritual tank .... back up to full because I've been running on low all of this past month.
I was casting for about an hour and I finally told my self that I needed to stop fishing and write down all of today's INTEL in my ledger. So I decided that after this last cast, that I would do just that ... to stop and make a record of today's conditions in my book. I knew at this time that I wasn't going to catch a fish and so as I was reeling in my lure and getting ready to step out of the salt.... I get greeted with my first pancake and skunk buster of the day at 0730 hrs .... a 16" Hali. That an unexpected surprise! "When you least expect it!" Please note the hook locations.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000020-1.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000020-1.jpg.html)

So .... some time goes by and then all of a sudden I hear this really loud voice laughing right behind me (like 100 feet or so) ... and so I scanned entire mountain side with my RECON/SNIPER vision to see if I could locate the person making all of the silly laughter and I looked up the bluff behind me and I had sited in on this silhouette of a man ... way, way up at the very top of the hill and so I waved to him but he didn't wave back. :Confused: Hmmmmm!
I go back to fishing and again a loud silly voice yells out!...... "SWAT!" I looked back up the hill and waved again and he still didn't wave back! :Confused:Hmmmmm!
Now I'm thinking to myself .... :Angry: this guy's messing with me now! How can he tell :EyePop: that I'm with SWAT from way up there! :Confused: Hmmmmm!
This went on for about four times with me waving back to the guy at the top of the hill when all of a sudden :LOL: Wingnut pops out from behind a bush right behind me at the very bottom of the trail :ROFL: laughing his arse off! You got me :LOL: Brotha! Then I pointed at the silhouette of the man that was still standing at the very top of the hill and we both laughed :Big Smile::Applause: at the coincidence! That was way too funny Brotha!! :LOL:

So needless to say ... we hooked up and we decided to power fish this AO together from one end to the other!
I was able to beach one more short Hali and Arthur was able to manage a few while we were together.
I gave 2 points at the office today towards "Team I Like Big Buts"!

Afterwards ... the Commander treated me to breakfast at Azteca, one of my favorite Mexican haunts in San Pedro.
Thank you Arthur for your HUGE heart!

And so after that ... we shot by mi casa, Arthur lent me a hand on mi computadora before he had to get back on the camino. Once again Arthur ..... gracias mi bromigo! This is what Mexican comestibles comida (food) does to me! ha ha ha!

Some added pictures:

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000022.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000022.jpg.html)
SP Dan and Commander Wingnut

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000023.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000023.jpg.html)
My gal Rhonda and Arthur

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000024.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000024.jpg.html)
Here is the real winner today folks!!
Rhonda received this medal for completing a 5-K today for the "Aquarium Of The Pacific" .... Rhonda did this in her wheel chair with a lot of help from her dear friend Amy. You would be amazed at her feat if you were to realize what Rhonda has had to over come (and is still enduring) to accomplish this! Rhonda ... you are amazing!
I thank God for your non-ending perseverance, determination and spiritual strength. This is the first medal that Rhonda has ever earned and she is so proud of it!
:Big Smile::Applause: WTG Rhonda!

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000026.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000026.jpg.html)

Thanx for taking the time to read my report!

PS ... I want to thank all of my SWAT and FNN Brotha's and Sista's for all of your positive thoughts and prayers!
All of you have made a huge difference in Rhonda's recovery!

I hope to see all of you at the HG-5 on the 28th!

SP Dan <"))><

skunked4life
09-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Dan!!! I hope that those who read your reports understand how much important intel you give us! Great job out there in the cold water...looks like perch season will be early this year.

I am so happy that Rhonda completed the 5k at the Aquarium of the Pacific! So proud to have friends that inspire. Heck, maybe with all of this hiking, er...i mean fishing that I am doing, I might have the endurance to run a 1K. :LOL:

By the way, tell the Commander that while he is sneaking around trying to surprise attack you, a nasty rattler might be sneaking up on him. You know that the "snake bite" offer was only in lieu of me completing the "challenge" and it is no longer on the table since I beached my induction fish. HAHAHAHAHA :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Love you brother! Take care and I will continue to pray for yours and Rhonda's well being.

bachiboy
09-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Dan the man! Glad you were able to get out this weekend and hook up with The commander, although somewhat unintentional. Sounds like a great day out. Give my best to Rhonda and my biggest congratulations on her amazing accomplishment! That's a very special lady you have there!:Thumbs Up:

You missed the salad bar sessions down south.:Rolls Eyes: Tough going this weekend on the fishing front for me, but a great mini vacation with the family.:Wink: Hope to see you out there again soon brother!!!

Don

DockRat
09-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Congrats to Rhonda ! Nice plants in the yard. If you ever want any more Sago palms call me. My big Sagos have at least 20 Softball size pups that need to be busted off and planted.
You should have seen the Bonito crashing in KH today. These 25" 3-5 lbers were flying by the pier at 25 mph.

Reserved!!!!
Why ?

keepemlo
09-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Dan,,your attention to detail is a lesson for all to learn,ive seen that ledger!!!!!its been over a year it should be paying off now,,good to see you and the captain get out...the sea called and you answered"even if its to get back into your own head,,
It all pales in comparison to the meaning of that medal...rhondas will and determination leaves me in awe,,and happy,,thank you for that report buddy.she is a rock!!!!!losofbites,manyprayers

murrieta angler
09-09-2013, 02:46 AM
Good to see you and Rhonda with smiles on your faces Dan :Smile:
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

skunked4life
09-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Congrats to Rhonda ! Nice plants in the yard. If you ever want any more Sago palms call me. My big Sagos have at least 20 Softball size pups that need to be busted off and planted.
You should have seen the Bonito crashing in KH today. These 25" 3-5 lbers were flying by the pier at 25 mph.

Why ?

"reserved" because I was away from a desktop and I wanted to write a meaningful response without the distraction of kids, wife, chores, etc. Also to let Dan know that I read his report.

Wingnut
09-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Dan, what a pleasure it was to fish with you again. Your generosity and kindness shines through in everything you do my friend. From giving a stranger your LC to your generous personal donation to the HG5 event. :Wink:
It was great to see Rhonda happy and healthy... looking forward to seeing the both of you at HG5. :Big Grin:

SP Dan
09-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Dan!!! I hope that those who read your reports understand how much important intel you give us! Great job out there in the cold water...looks like perch season will be early this year.

I am so happy that Rhonda completed the 5k at the Aquarium of the Pacific! So proud to have friends that inspire. Heck, maybe with all of this hiking, er...i mean fishing that I am doing, I might have the endurance to run a 1K. :LOL:

By the way, tell the Commander that while he is sneaking around trying to surprise attack you, a nasty rattler might be sneaking up on him. You know that the "snake bite" offer was only in lieu of me completing the "challenge" and it is no longer on the table since I beached my induction fish. HAHAHAHAHA :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Love you brother! Take care and I will continue to pray for yours and Rhonda's well being.

Hi Ken,

I look forward to hooking up with you again brotha and don't forget to use your pass! :)
I definitely will be looking for your face at HG-5 Brotha!

Dan the man! Glad you were able to get out this weekend and hook up with The commander, although somewhat unintentional. Sounds like a great day out. Give my best to Rhonda and my biggest congratulations on her amazing accomplishment! That's a very special lady you have there!:Thumbs Up:

You missed the salad bar sessions down south.:Rolls Eyes: Tough going this weekend on the fishing front for me, but a great mini vacation with the family.:Wink: Hope to see you out there again soon brother!!!

Don

Hi ya Don,

Sometimes the unplanned and the unexpected visits from a friend can be right up there with the very best of laid plans!

I appreciate you for all of your input Brotha! Let's try to hook-it-up before HG-5 and get a salt session in .... ok!?!? :)

I'm looking forward to hooking up with you at HG-5 Brotha!

Why ?

Hi ya Martin,

I used to fish the KH when I was a young man back in the mid 50' and 60's..... I had a blast doing it and have a lot of great ol' memories of the days.

Thanks for the offer of the Sago but will have to pass. I inherited Rhonda's grandfathers Sago which is now over 90 years old and spitting out pups yearly.

I hope that we will see you at the HG-5 this year .... I would like to meet you and shake your hand!

Dan,,your attention to detail is a lesson for all to learn,ive seen that ledger!!!!!its been over a year it should be paying off now,,good to see you and the captain get out...the sea called and you answered"even if its to get back into your own head,,
It all pales in comparison to the meaning of that medal...rhondas will and determination leaves me in awe,,and happy,,thank you for that report buddy.she is a rock!!!!!losofbites,manyprayers

Hi ya Stan,

It made my heart happy when I heard that you registered for the HG-5! Stan the Man! :)
I'll never forget that you were my wingman when I beached my first Striped Bass and my SWAT induction fish! We have history and memories my friend! :)
I look forward to hooking up with you there Brotha! We'll chat more! :)

Good to see you and Rhonda with smiles on your faces Dan :Smile:
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

Hola mi Bromigo!

I find it amazing that when my loved ones are comfortable ... so am I! :) I appreciate all of you spiritual support Brotha!
I'll be seeing your face at HG-5 Brotha!

"reserved" because I was away from a desktop and I wanted to write a meaningful response without the distraction of kids, wife, chores, etc. Also to let Dan know that I read his report.

Ken,
You only answer to a higher power! Oh .... and SWAT! :)

Dan, what a pleasure it was to fish with you again. Your generosity and kindness shines through in everything you do my friend. From giving a stranger your LC to your generous personal donation to the HG5 event. :Wink:
It was great to see Rhonda happy and healthy... looking forward to seeing the both of you at HG5. :Big Grin:

Hi ya Commander!

After the tasty breakfast of Huevo Ranchos w/ refried beans and rice that you treated me to .... I believe that my compression ratio went up to 164 PSI! :)
As always ....... you are a good friend and a lot of fun to just hang out with!
PS .... You're not so bad at fishing neither! :)

I be seeing you soon at the up coming HG-5 Arthur!

5150fishn
09-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Great report and pics! Congrats to the wife on the 5K! I love the fact that Arthur had you waving to a complete stranger. Lol Thanks for the report and pics and I can't wait until HG-5!!!

dlmoo312
09-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I've heard the fishing's been tougher than usual down there with the water temps dropping, but as usual, you still managed to get some points for your team! :Big Grin:
Congratulations to Rhonda for her awesome accomplishment! Know that you and Rhonda are in my thoughts and have my full support, Brotha!
See you at HG5

-Daniel

SP Dan
09-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Great report and pics! Congrats to the wife on the 5K! I love the fact that Arthur had you waving to a complete stranger. Lol Thanks for the report and pics and I can't wait until HG-5!!!

Thanks Dan,

I don't get tricked very often ..... but when I am, it's usually in a big way:LOL:! If it hadn't been for that guy at the very top of the hill throwing me off ... :Wink: I think that I would have figured it out sooner .... that it was a lil' sneaky snake in the grass that was yelling at me :LOL:! Wingnut sure got me :ROFL: that time!! Thanks for mentioning my gal Rhonda .... I'm very :Big Grin: proud of her and of all her accomplishments!

I've heard the fishing's been tougher than usual down there with the water temps dropping, but as usual, you still managed to get some points for your team! :Big Grin:
Congratulations to Rhonda for her awesome accomplishment! Know that you and Rhonda are in my thoughts and have my full support, Brotha!
See you at HG5

-Daniel

Hey, hey Daniel .... and "Congrat's" on your recent session!

By reading your recent report .... I hope that Poseidon will also smile down on me and that my luck will also soon turn around soon!

Thank you for all of your support and your kind words Brotha.

I'm looking forward to hooking up with you at the HG-5 Event!

Dan

iLLest
09-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Danimal,

whats up brotha! What a deserving name eh? lol. It fits you perfectly!
I was going to write about how dedicated you are about fishing and how generous you are, instead Im going to take this time to write about Rhonda.
I've been unfortunate enough to be born with an Illness that constantly causes pain on a regular basis, putting me down for weeks at a time. I've had it ever since I was a baby to be exact. But I've also been fortunate enough to be surrounded by a handful of awesome people who constantly bring my hopes up. The S.W.A.T crew is part of that handful... and although sometimes we all manage to fall down health wise, we have got to get ourselves up. Im glad to see her back on her feet, she looks wonderful. What a great accomplishment to be able to complete the run/walk after what she has been through, let her know I said, congrats and to keep thriving!
I'll see you guys at HG5. :D

Jaysuuun
09-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Dan, I see the Commander was up to his antics with his Jedi Mind tricks. LOL Nice job putting up some points for the team.
Congrats to Rhonda on completing the 5K! That's simply amazing. The smile says it all.

bbqsushi
09-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Brother Dan,

Sorry for the late reply. Life is hectic these days!! First of all, thanks for the POINTS!!! After Jason's slam-fest, we're gonna need ALL the help we can get.

Secondly, and more importantly, I'm praying for the both of you - for life, health, and for strength. Blessings to the both of you, and I'm sure that your positivity (the crazy Danimal that we see in the surf) is an inspiration to her as well. Love the medal. A tiny, tiny token for the big, big fight.

My Best to you both, and I'll see ya on the sand.
Nate

SP Dan
09-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Danimal,

whats up brotha! What a deserving name eh? lol. It fits you perfectly!
I was going to write about how dedicated you are about fishing and how generous you are, instead Im going to take this time to write about Rhonda.
I've been unfortunate enough to be born with an Illness that constantly causes pain on a regular basis, putting me down for weeks at a time. I've had it ever since I was a baby to be exact. But I've also been fortunate enough to be surrounded by a handful of awesome people who constantly bring my hopes up. The S.W.A.T crew is part of that handful... and although sometimes we all manage to fall down health wise, we have got to get ourselves up. Im glad to see her back on her feet, she looks wonderful. What a great accomplishment to be able to complete the run/walk after what she has been through, let her know I said, congrats and to keep thriving!
I'll see you guys at HG5. :D

Hi ya Brotha Frank!

Rhonda is planning on attending the HG-5 Event , Arthur asked Rhonda to work behind the Command desk with him during the registration!

Rhonda is really excited about the up coming event and we both can't wait to hook up with you and the rest of our family

Thank you for all of your heart felt words Frank!

Dan, I see the Commander was up to his antics with his Jedi Mind tricks. LOL Nice job putting up some points for the team.
Congrats to Rhonda on completing the 5K! That's simply amazing. The smile says it all.

Hey Jason,

My points didn't add up to much .... but .... points are points ... and they at least show that I'm alive :LOL: and that I am making an effort for my team!

Ha ha ha! :LOL: I still can't believe that he got me soooo good! Arthur and his Jedi Mind tricks ... I never stood a :ROFL: chance!

We'll see you and your new beautiful bride Maritess at HG-5 Brotha! :Big Grin:

Brother Dan,

Sorry for the late reply. Life is hectic these days!! First of all, thanks for the POINTS!!! After Jason's slam-fest, we're gonna need ALL the help we can get.

Secondly, and more importantly, I'm praying for the both of you - for life, health, and for strength. Blessings to the both of you, and I'm sure that your positivity (the crazy Danimal that we see in the surf) is an inspiration to her as well. Love the medal. A tiny, tiny token for the big, big fight.

My Best to you both, and I'll see ya on the sand.
Nate

Hi ya Brotha Nate,

You are deeply embedded in my life as a friend and my Brotha now.
So know this ..... you can never be late in my life because you are always with me and a part of me Brotha!

Thank you for your very kind words and constant prayers!

My Rhonda is so excited about the HG-5 Event, I hope that she doesn't go and make her potato salad too soon! :ROFL:
Rhonda is so darned proud of that medal!