PDA

View Full Version : Great Shimano warranty service!

dkinla
09-06-2013, 07:32 PM
well, my dad unfortunately took a small tumble in the surf maybe 3-4 weeks ago and completely submerged one of my Stradic Ci4 3000 reels.... gave it a couple turns and it completely seized up... would not even reel in forwards/backwards.

I obviously tried the rinsing off under freshwater trick and hoping it would somehow magically work... but that didn't work :LOL: :LOL:
I'm just not good enough to open up the reel and try cleaning it out myself...

anyways, mailed my reel off to Shimano and was totally expecting a call from them telling me that there was nothing else they could really do, and they would offer me a brand new reel at a discounted price (like they have done for others on this forum before)...

well, got a nice shipment today and they were able to fix my reel for only $25! woo hoo!! :LOL: reel is smooth as butter again!

another reason why I totally am a Shimano fan....
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu266/dkinla/fd05b303-7505-457a-a6d6-8ecb4e811637_zpsff71868c.jpg (http://s654.photobucket.com/user/dkinla/media/fd05b303-7505-457a-a6d6-8ecb4e811637_zpsff71868c.jpg.html)

Breaking Bass
09-07-2013, 07:17 AM
gotta agree with you. A spoke on my drag star broke on my curado 50e. Sent it in and it was back in my hands in no time, cleaned, serviced and fixed. I even requested a custom part to replace the broken part - 200 e aluminum drag star as opposed to the 50e one. They did it without any problems. Now my 50e looks like some crazy Japanese import model. Thanks Shimano!

Homefish
11-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Awesome customer service!
Took 2 reels in there on Friday to get serviced cause someth'n just wasn't feel'n right w/them. Turns out it's a warranty issue and I'll be get'n 2 new reels(other than the spools)delivered to me sometime next week. Awesome! Both of these reels were purchased earlier this year(Jan/Feb)& have been put to work at least once a week since be'n purchased. Can't believe I'm get'n them both replaced for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Awesome!!
Later,
Homefish