PDA

View Full Version : Check this out! LOL

Wingnut
09-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Awesome! :Envious:

http://nwsportsmanmag.com/editors-blog/men-who-catch-albies-with-pink-barbie-rods/

skunked4life
09-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Seen it done before by another member on this forum. Not for Albacore, but legal sized halibut from both boat and surf. I also believe that the poles used were left in stock condition, so whatevs...:LOL:

Just kidding (sort of). Great read! I bet those albacore gave a helluva fight on the barbie pole and 10# test. I wonder though, would a superman or spiderman combo fair a little better? Not cause its a gender thing, but because supes and spidey are super heroes. Just sayin.

5150fishn
09-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Wow that's impressive! I think I see your next challenge Arthur! LMFAO

DockRat
09-06-2013, 09:42 PM
That is cool.

bachiboy
09-06-2013, 10:14 PM
That's insane! Now Phuong is going to bet you you can't catch an albie out of the surf...with your superman pole! :Wink:

JL
09-07-2013, 09:11 AM
The story on the Barbie pole forces me to share our Barbie experience. My son and his Daughter went out with us from Newport and Kali brought her "Barbie" Outfit. My son is not a big fan of fishing but goes out 3 or 4 times a year with us with the Grand Kids. We were slow trolling back to the harbor at the end of the day. Kali had enough fishing ---- so she was playing with her brother in the bait tank. We had placed her Barbie pole (stock from the store) in the fish holder dragging an anchovy My son was laying out across the stern seats almost asleep when the Barbie pole starts jumping in the holder. He grabs the pole and carefully adjusting the drag brought the fish to the boat. AN 8 LB SAND BASS!!!! We all had a great laugh to see this large fish caught with the Barbie pole.

Tight Lines and God Bless you all

trail blazer
09-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Now im blown away,,,,,,Love,d it!

Thanks W/N

I can see it now,,,DD Duct striper on my sons superman pole,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,il leave the pink BB poles for the DEMO,s,lol

TRAIL BLAZER