PDA

View Full Version : hot day on the water (tempeture wise)

catchingsomefish
09-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Went out today on my day off to continue to work on my trolling techniques, or in my case lack thereof..... Spent a while talking to Ron, Fishinone, thanks for the info and pointers Ron:Big Grin:.Once the lifeguard used the bolt cutters on the lock, the gate opened , a few minutes late. I started off in the fishing arm, with a double hookup, before I could put my rod in the holder, continued to have pretty good action, then the fish kinda thinned out, and the bite subsided, so off I went, eventually ending up in the ski arm, got a triple hookup and then nothing for 4 hours, so I went back to the fishing arm where I had started, and caught one more, then nothing. I was having trouble finding the active schools, and when I did, they didn't want what I was presenting to them, part of the learning curve.....Ended up with 10, most were dinks kept 3, and finally gave up around 3:30. It was really hot, the little boats have no tops, I felt like a piece of bacon sizzling away out there. Ron also gave me some insight as far as posting pics, so I will work on that part of the deal also, so I can show everyone I actually caught some dinks, lol.....................Dave

fishinone
09-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Nice job on the limit Dave!

Nice talking to you in line. The bolt cutter incident was interesting. I've got one of those.

We got 7 and farmed about 4 by 8:00. After that the fish moved down to just below 30ft. The surface temp every where was 80.5 to 81 degrees. That's a little to warm for striper. It's no wonder they aren't staying up there.

TroutOnly
09-06-2013, 08:26 AM
too bad about the heat baconboy,,,,,lol,,,,j/k dave good thing youre an old school desert rat like me and can handle the heat . the stripers are up in the warm water but just the ones feeding , we were wailing on them mid day weds and the surface temp was 82 ,they will feed there but they wont stay there,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,good job on getting action even in the extreme heat,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishinone
09-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks Bob,

That's what they did, they came up at first light then went back down to cool off.

I wish that I could predict which group will come up at dawhat time.

I expected them to come back up but had to go to work. Sorry about the 4 letter word.

DMS
09-06-2013, 10:06 AM
they come they eat they leave

Its a fish eat fish world out there