PDA

View Full Version : Am I allowed to fish here?

noob@fishing
09-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Hello,
Long time member, not much of activity... I will do better on posting ^ ^;
I recently started salt water fishing, and I've been hitting LB Jetty for quite some time. Only landing short barracuda and Lizard fish :(
I really want to try out shore fishing, but I am not sure which beach I can fish off of. (I heard that some beach is off access for shore fishing). I work from Irvine (full time) and only time I have is Friday after work (around 4PM, and unfortunately I do not have enough time to drive up & down the shore to find a spot & family to attend to on weekends).
Am I allowed to fish this area? 33.618479,-117.939566
Some advise will be greatly appreciated. :) (I'm not asking for secret spots!!! I know it is very sensitive data :)
Thank you.

Wingnut
09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
On the shore at Newport Beach, yes you can... good luck!

noob@fishing
09-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Awesome.
You got me hooked on LC... lol
Thanks again.

Fish Dog
09-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Yes you can, with a qualifier. If there are too many people on the beach to "safely" fish there the lifeguards will ask you to leave. It is up to the lifeguards to determine if its safe to fish or not. They'll kick you out if they don't think its safe.

FlamingTube
09-05-2013, 12:24 AM
well I guess the better question would be any advise on how to find out if surf fishing is allowed or not before heading out to a specific location? maybe you guys can point us to a dfg map or something? and Sorry for hijacking your thread noob

bachiboy
09-05-2013, 10:48 AM
well I guess the better question would be any advise on how to find out if surf fishing is allowed or not before heading out to a specific location? maybe you guys can point us to a dfg map or something? and Sorry for hijacking your thread noob

Here you go...
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/mpa/mpa_summary.asp

noob@fishing
09-05-2013, 11:31 AM

No problem. That was next question that I was going to ask. :)

noob@fishing
09-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Here you go...
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/mpa/mpa_summary.asp
Thanks for the information. This is what I was looking for!!!