PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake 20 Incher on 9/4 from my Float Tune

greg
09-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Hit Silver Lake this morning. It's was slow! Even the osprey took 4 dives for nothing. :Shocked: And DFG just planted yesterday. I went through many colors of power worms then got hit on Sierra Slammers grasshopper w garlic scent. Kicked between the launch ramp and the point. Nailed a 20 inch Alper (forgot my camera) then released. :Cool: Released a dozen tiny stockers. Got off the lake due to white caps coming over my tube. :Twisted:

Eating at the Silver Lake Cafe. By far, the best resort breakfast in the Eastern Sierras. :Wink: 4 more days of fishing here in the Eastern Sierras...

Tom
09-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Hit Silver Lake this morning. It's was slow! Even the osprey took 4 dives for nothing. :Shocked: And DFG just planted yesterday. I went through many colors of power worms then got hit on Sierra Slammers grasshopper w garlic scent. Kicked between the launch ramp and the point. Nailed a 20 Alpers (forgot my camera) then released. :Cool: Released a dozen tiny stockers. Got off the lake due to white caps coming over my tube. :Twisted:

Eating at the Silver Lake Cafe. By far, the best resort breakfast in the Eastern Sierras. :Wink: 4 more days of fishing here in the Eastern Sierras...

Your in fishing heaven right now. What a Beautiful Place
Tom

flytyingreloader
09-04-2013, 11:13 PM
NOW is my favored time of year for Sierra fishing in general, and the June Loop in particular. Labor Day crowds are back home, the summer tourists and water-floggers have jammed, and it's almost time for Fall colors to start setting on. I'll be heading that way shortly, so don't catch ALL of the big trout before I get there. That Silver Lake Cafe DOES put down a fine breakfast, for certain.

brn2fis
09-07-2013, 04:52 PM
NOW is my favored time of year for Sierra fishing in general, and the June Loop in particular. Labor Day crowds are back home, the summer tourists and water-floggers have jammed, and it's almost time for Fall colors to start setting on. I'll be heading that way shortly, so don't catch ALL of the big trout before I get there. That Silver Lake Cafe DOES put down a fine breakfast, for certain.

And a great lunch. Just got back from a month at Silver Lake Resort. Going for two months next year. While there I fished Grant Lake from my tube and landed a 3.3, 2.8 two 2.5's and one at 2. All Alpers sorry no pictures.

billy b
09-10-2013, 08:22 AM
And a great lunch. Just got back from a month at Silver Lake Resort. Going for two months next year. While there I fished Grant Lake from my tube and landed a 3.3, 2.8 two 2.5's and one at 2. All Alpers sorry no pictures.

How was the wind at Grant? I was blown away last week

Where ... and what ... if I may ask
Did you use ... and where were you?

Someone got a 2.5# brown from the shore at Silver using a pink and white mouse. I got 7 dinks using NC ... and also garlic pbait. Some guy claimed to get a limit on plain (not glitter) pink pb (you never know)

THANKS

brn2fis
09-13-2013, 05:46 PM
How was the wind at Grant? I was blown away last week

Where ... and what ... if I may ask
Did you use ... and where were you?

Someone got a 2.5# brown from the shore at Silver using a pink and white mouse. I got 7 dinks using NC ... and also garlic pbait. Some guy claimed to get a limit on plain (not glitter) pink pb (you never know)

THANKS

Grant Lake were Rush creek comes in. Launched tube on the road side and went to the other side where the channel is.The 3.3 was caught on a night crawler and the rest were on mouse tails. All colors worked. Some days there was wind but still fished. The bite was between 10:00 and noon every day. Don't have to go out at o dark thirty to get them.

billy b
09-14-2013, 06:34 PM
grant lake were rush creek comes in. Launched tube on the road side and went to the other side where the channel is.the 3.3 was caught on a night crawler and the rest were on mouse tails. All colors worked. Some days there was wind but still fished. The bite was between 10:00 and noon every day. Don't have to go out at o dark thirty to get them.

thanks much

DeepInTheWoods
09-26-2013, 06:22 PM
I love that place up there ... and yes it is very beautiful up there :Cool: