PDA

View Full Version : Tenkara fishing at the pudd ....reds, blues, and lmb's

VIVID_FLY
09-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Arrived at the pudd around 8am. The parking lots were filling fast. I walked in from the Park n Ride as usual. before i got a few yards i notice a dropped cell phone on the pavement. I picked it up and took it back to my truck to deal with later. I walked to the Swim beach cove and fished near the rails. had some chasers on the SAKASA KEBARI but no takes. Moved more towards the pipes and worked the entire shore line with lots of fish spotted but none were biting. As i reached the Pine tree shaded area got my first RED. proceeded to pull in about 3 more fish all in the dark shade. Worked past the High Pier and fished along the cliff area and fish wer stacked in the shallow weeded area. 15 fish later i moved towards the ramp and met up with another pan fisherman. We worked the ramp and another 5 fish we moved towards another spot near the tree. Fished were hanging in the weeds and sandy alleys. As long as the fly was presented without spooking them the fish would chase and hook up. I fished the shoreline to the east shore cove and managed to pull some at the point and in the weed beds. THe sun was hot and the breeze was picking up. I decided to turn around and retrace my steps back to my truck. Fishing along the way i pick up some more fish here and there. Sight fishing was make difficut with the breezy conditions. I met up with BASSBOY 14 and his father ... they were hanging in the shade and picking up some small LMB's on wacky rigs. Its amazing how small and how large of items you can catch these juvenile LMB's on. I decided to walk back to my truck to end another great tenkara exprience at the PUDD.

Oh yeah ... the iPhone that i found. It now displayed a tel # to call to report it lost. I called and about 15 minutes the happy owner arrived. Technology is pretty awesome.

dday07
09-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Arrived at the pudd around 8am. The parking lots were filling fast. I walked in from the Park n Ride as usual. before i got a few yards i notice a dropped cell phone on the pavement. I picked it up and took it back to my truck to deal with later. I walked to the Swim beach cove and fished near the rails. had some chasers on the SAKASA KEBARI but no takes. Moved more towards the pipes and worked the entire shore line with lots of fish spotted but none were biting. As i reached the Pine tree shaded area got my first RED. proceeded to pull in about 3 more fish all in the dark shade. Worked past the High Pier and fished along the cliff area and fish wer stacked in the shallow weeded area. 15 fish later i moved towards the ramp and met up with another pan fisherman. We worked the ramp and another 5 fish we moved towards another spot near the tree. Fished were hanging in the weeds and sandy alleys. As long as the fly was presented without spooking them the fish would chase and hook up. I fished the shoreline to the east shore cove and managed to pull some at the point and in the weed beds. THe sun was hot and the breeze was picking up. I decided to turn around and retrace my steps back to my truck. Fishing along the way i pick up some more fish here and there. Sight fishing was make difficut with the breezy conditions. I met up with BASSBOY 14 and his father ... they were hanging in the shade and picking up some small LMB's on wacky rigs. Its amazing how small and how large of items you can catch these juvenile LMB's on. I decided to walk back to my truck to end another great tenkara exprience at the PUDD.

Oh yeah ... the iPhone that i found. It now displayed a tel # to call to report it lost. I called and about 15 minutes the happy owner arrived. Technology is pretty awesome.

great job! was there other day and swimbeach cove full of sunfish and even a couple nice bass in all those weeds

Bass Boy 14
09-02-2013, 06:00 PM

It was nice seeing you too. It is amazing what those bass will bite on. Had a fun time all in all, and it looked like you did too.