PDA

View Full Version : Will Rogers 9/1/13

fish4life
09-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Hit the beach at 8:30 am fished till 11:30 am for nada. Nice day though, if you wanted to just swim or surf. I used a ima heavy surfer, c-rig w/ crack, and swimbait. The waves were quite large about 2-3 foot waves and the fish were not present at all well, a few corbina in the skinny water but that's about it. Even though I skunked it beats staying home and doing nothing :)

sidified
09-01-2013, 07:40 PM
That's the right attitude, buddy..and one that'll pay off.:Cool:

socalbassboy
09-02-2013, 02:31 PM
hey man whats up?

PTN
09-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the report fish4life. Can't catch fish from sitting at home :Smile:. You'll get them next time.

-Peter

skunked4life
09-02-2013, 05:17 PM
I like your screen name! Agree on the skunk, it beats staying at home! If you skunk next time, make note of the conditions and if you begin seeing a pattern, don't fish those conditions at that beach. It's a learning experience. Join us at hg5 and we will try to get you on some fish!

SP Dan
09-02-2013, 07:48 PM
The water a few weeks ago in the morn was 59 deg and the air was 59 deg.
Today when I went out of my garage it was 81 deg at my house, the air at the beach was 65 deg and the water was 61 deg.

I believe that this sudden warm up, the huge tide swings and the swell coming up from the south has stirred things up for awhile. The Fall and Winter currents are tying to re-align.
The warm water is causing the kelp to die off and the bait fish is becoming more scarce. We'll just have to fish a little harder, endure the tough conditions and hope that luck will be on our side!

Keep up he good work soldier!

SP Dan <"))><

fish4life
09-02-2013, 10:50 PM
What up SoCalbassboy nice meeting ya man. Thanks for all the tips guys. Maybe I should start recording the details of every fishing trip so I could can find some sort of pattern hmmm.
@SP Dan Hmm that does make sense since a few weeks ago there were loads of bait balls just off the shore.