PDA

View Full Version : Slaying jailbirds Labor Day weekend Saturday

DMS
08-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Lulu and I made our regular run today. Got in line early and had fun catch up withD/O and Ron2 (Ron found another Ron) and bassfan. Despite the line cutters we quickly dunked the boat and headed off to the bait spot. Before we got our 4 lines out we had customers and tried to cull through the really small dinks and soon were loaded. The bite seemed a bit less aggressive than last week but we were at limits with 7 throwbacks before 10. Fishinone ron2 scooted in next to us and they were slaying away too. TO swung by to shoot the breeze for a few when we were about halfway done.

By the time we finished it sure was hot...

Great to see the jailbird brigade!

DMS

TroutOnly
09-01-2013, 09:48 AM
it was nice seeing you dan and lulu , while you were dropping anchor and starting i was throwing my mini KPN on the top water for non stop action ,i had killed 4 and thrown back about 8 in less than a half hour they were wide open till all the boat traffic, then dropped down to the trolling depths,,,,,,,,that new lure kahn gave me kills on the lighter line on the surface,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

Marley
09-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Nice day Dan. Good job!

DMS
09-01-2013, 10:37 AM
it was nice seeing you dan and lulu , while you were dropping anchor and starting i was throwing my mini KPN on the top water for non stop action ,i had killed 4 and thrown back about 8 in less than a half hour they were wide open till all the boat traffic, then dropped down to the trolling depths,,,,,,,,that new lure kahn gave me kills on the lighter line on the surface,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

There are so many ways to get them! Wish I could fish 2 or 3 places at the same time! Did you get them good on the troll too? It is amazing how many fish are there. Just wondering when the size is going to start averaging better. Don't know if the swarms of small ones just overwhelm the bigger ones or? Last fall you almost couldn't catch ones the size we are getting now. Also wondering if those pyramid super dinks will have enough feed to get big enough. I guess it is all the cycle. Good feed and good numbers of mature fish turn into zillions of smalls. The smalls pressure the bait and become super aggressive... Eventually they thin out and the bait recovers and the cycle repeats. Of course, I am just speculating.... I am not a fish biologist, I just do a lot of fish autopsies.

TroutOnly
09-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Dan you just stab them and slab them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DMS
09-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Marley,
Good to hear from you. We had some great trips on the Qualifier 105, and you always post good reports on SARL irvine and corona. You are much closer to those places.
DMS

DMS
09-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Dan you just stab them and slab them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lol... U 2. :Fishing Hole::Fishing Catch::Fishing Catch:

TroutOnly
09-01-2013, 11:59 AM
I KNOW ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I SAY KILL ALL THE JAILBIRDS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1725_zps47de786f.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/DSCN1725_zps47de786f.jpg.html)

fishinone
09-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Nice seeing you Dan and Lulu! Thanks for letting me slide in next to you.

We had 8 from the troll when we showed up at BL. We set up for those dinks to get our limits and get out before the weekenders showed up.

Easy limits and out of there before noon. We threw a bunch of little ones back and kept 20 about 2 lb each. We actually caught about 38.

If you want bigger ones try deeper spots.