PDA

View Full Version : Good start to the vacation!

ZipperWurm
08-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Kicked off from work this morning and i don't have to be back for 17 days!!! :Big Grin: Decided to celebrate by stopping off at the duct on my way home. Line in the water by 7am...flow was pretty slow, but at least the water was moving. Threw the fluke for a little bit targeting some deeper zones with no luck....i then noticed the baitfish had come back up and they were all over the shoreline. Had a good feeling about it, so i put the fluke away and started tossing the KPN along the banks. A few minutes later, i see a striper chasing baitfish right out of the water near the shoreline. casted right on top of him and fish on!! Turned out to be a nice little 17-18 incher. Tried a few more spots after that for nada...but at least i beat the skunk on my first day of vacation :Cool:

Risso
08-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Way to adapt to the conditions! You're becoming a bad, bad man!

ZipperWurm
08-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Way to adapt to the conditions! You're becoming a bad, bad man!

Haha thanks...now I just need to start pulling more than 1 fish a day and catching some DDs lol

Master Baiter1
08-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Haha thanks...now I just need to start pulling more than 1 fish a day and catching some DDs lol

Don't get greedy now, HAHA. That's when the catch streak can abruptly end. No shad in the AV duct. What you saw were perch. Man it looked like striper weather when we were heading out of town this morning.

ZipperWurm
09-01-2013, 04:08 AM
Don't get greedy now, HAHA. That's when the catch streak can abruptly end. No shad in the AV duct. What you saw were perch. Man it looked like striper weather when we were heading out of town this morning.

i have a habit of calling every baitfish "shad", lol. is there some sort of smelt in the duct? the baitfish i saw were very small and skinny...

Master Baiter1
09-01-2013, 08:46 AM
i have a habit of calling every baitfish "shad", lol. is there some sort of smelt in the duct? the baitfish i saw were very small and skinny...
Yes the silverside and of course the "endangered" smelt. Hundreds of thousdands of them all over the place this year.

trail blazer
09-01-2013, 04:37 PM
NICEEEEEEE

Wtg on the sight fishing

DockRat
09-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Great way to start a vacation.
DR

slacker189
09-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes the silverside and of course the "endangered" smelt. Hundreds of thousdands of them all over the place this year.

the amount of smelt in the AV this year is ridiculous. i have caught a dozen or so smelt this year on accident working the fluke.

HereFishy
09-02-2013, 03:57 AM
Its kinda awesome seeing baitfish jump and scatter when tossing a crank... I have never seen that up until this summer... That’s some awesome sight fishing ZIP!!! School semester just finished for me so now I have a couple weeks of fishing homework to catch up with...