PDA

View Full Version : What a day...

Fishin4runner
08-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Decided I needed to get my striper fix before the lake lice invasion this weekend. Got to the lake and was first in line and then the line started to really grow with cars and no boats, I'm thinking there is gonna be alot of shore fisherman and rental boaters. Boy was I wrong, all the cars lining up were Sheriffs doing some kind of training exercise today. Well the gate opened about 5:45 and all the sheriffs started going in then a fire truck, then a paramedic, then three highway patrols and they were all lighting it up. Then it was about 6:10 and the gate opened for us normal people but we could barely get into the gate and all the cops and emergency vehicles were parked on the u-curve the quagga inspector told us to wait and drove down to see what was going on and wouldn't ya know a car went over the side (so much for a training exercise) and the main ramp was closed so they directed us to the west ramp. I was the first to launch and finally got on the water about 7:00. The day started really slow trolled the ski arm, then off to the fish arm and back again for nothing. I am thinking damn whats is going on, so I stopped and ate some lunch as it is know about 11:30 in the morning. After I ate I decided to go back to the fish arm and try a new area and boom the bite went wide open as I trolled through on 6 passes I got my limit with 5 double hook-ups and one single on the third pass. The last pass for my final fish and another double hook so I had to release one but I will be back to get'em after the weekend. Kill'em All Tight Lines.

koifish
08-30-2013, 07:57 PM
This is what was going on this morning.
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/103946/

Btw great job.

DMS
08-30-2013, 07:58 PM
WTG... Did they have the ramp cleared by the time you left.. I will be there tomorrow. How was the size...

Fishin4runner
08-30-2013, 08:43 PM
This is what was going on this morning.
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/103946/

Btw great job.

Thanks and same to you on yesterdays slay in the rental.

Fishin4runner
08-30-2013, 08:46 PM
WTG... Did they have the ramp cleared by the time you left.. I will be there tomorrow. How was the size...
Yes they had the main ramp area cleared around 9:30 or 10:00 so it will be open for you to slay them jailbirds in the morning.

catchingsomefish
08-30-2013, 09:11 PM
way to get em, that kinda sucks when you get there early and cant hit the water to much later, way to stick with it and find the happy schools.....Kinda sounds what happened to me yesterday on the other side of the lake.......Dave