PDA

View Full Version : rental troling limit

catchingsomefish
08-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Day off, went to Castaic, 1rst in line 8th boat on water, lol, by the time you pay and load up all your gear.......Several small pops around the marina, but no boils.....Headed up the fish arm, picked up 4 really quick, biggest one maybe 3 pounds, then it went dead, trolled around c point for nada.....then out by monkey island it got way interesting, the fish finder was chirping like crickets in a swamp, the screen was filled with bait and fish everywhere all in the zone, and bam, bam ,bam one after another, turn around go back thru and wham another hit, trouble was there was a ton of salad, so every other pass, I had to reel in the u-rig, clean it and back at it, cool thing was the fish stayed put, so I didnt have to go find them again, very little lake lice today :Smile: Off the water by one, 102 when I got to my truck......I need to bring a camera so I can attempt to post some pics, got them on my phone, but I basically use the phone for calling......Anyhow, the rental trolling adventure is getting better and better as I eliminate my mistakes...Fun day overall, plus used my 4 past receipts so the boat was free today!.......................Dave

TroutOnly
08-29-2013, 06:33 PM
ITS REALLY NICE AND UNDERSTAND THE GRAPH AND WHATS GOING ON ,,,,,,,,WAY TO SLAY DAVE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
08-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Dave, Vader has taught you well.

fishinone
08-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Great job Dave!

You we doing good before during the slow days but now you can believe it.

MikesOcean
08-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Way to go Dave!!! And big PROPS to Bob to teach someone and carry it on to a rental and get a limit!

Your persistence is paying off big. You the Man and big CONGRATZ again. I'm sure you will have big rewards coming your way.

Great report and keep then coming.

dk4885
08-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Nice Dave slaying on a rental boat that's awesome.

catchingsomefish
08-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys. You are right Mike, Bob is a great teacher, and there is so much knowledge he has conveyed to me that I cant remember, a few times I have even taken notes.... You cannot absorb all his years worth of experience in 5 or 6 sessions with him. I know a lot of people go out with him, are wowed by the fact they are catching lots of fish, and that is good enough for them. I wanted to know how and why things happen, and yesterday when I encountered those two massive schools, I knew exactly what to do, and more importantly how to execute the procedures, and execute some stripeys in the process...........Dave

fishinone
08-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys. You are right Mike, Bob is a great teacher, and there is so much knowledge he has conveyed to me that I cant remember, a few times I have even taken notes.... You cannot absorb all his years worth of experience in 5 or 6 sessions with him. I know a lot of people go out with him, are wowed by the fact they are catching lots of fish, and that is good enough for them. I wanted to know how and why things happen, and yesterday when I encountered those two massive schools, I knew exactly what to do, and more importantly how to execute the procedures, and execute some stripeys in the process...........Dave

DarthOnly executes them with mind control!

vampirebret
08-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Rental boat and fish. Can't ask for anything better than that!

trail blazer
08-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Now that's a post,,,,,,WTG bro!

DMS
08-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Now you have to film them following your rental

catchingsomefish
08-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Heck, I have to figure out how to photograph them first, lol........Dave

cutbait
08-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Heck, I have to figure out how to photograph them first, lol........Dave

Dave after dove season you interested in hooking up for a trip?

catchingsomefish
08-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Absolutely Mike, that would be fun.........Dave