PDA

View Full Version : Another Nice One

Master Baiter1
08-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Had to be in early this morning for a delivery coming. Striper senses were going off when I got on the freeway. Pulled off at an exit and followed the intuition. I don't care if the driver has to wait because I have waited for them many times being late lol. Still dark out and water seemed to be flowing slow again. Water was also down about 3'. I see bait swimming near the edge on my side. I know the other side has a lot of grass and usually holds bait so I make a few tosses to it and work it back. Didn't take long to get slammed and hook up on another nice fish. This one was released. Got my fix and headed to work. My first in the dark fish in a while. I'm more of a daytime fisherman.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/delfanilou1/2013-08-28_05-44-16_zpsb5918caa.png

Oh the driver was late and I was waiting around for him. I should have worked it more.

ZipperWurm
08-28-2013, 10:34 AM
:Applause::Applause::Applause:

fishinone
08-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Nice catch!

What is your estimate of the weight?

Risso
08-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Nice one. I should have gone out earlier this morning. Got to the duct around 8am and there was zero flow.

Master Baiter1
08-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Nice catch!

What is your estimate of the weight?
7-8

Nice one. I should have gone out earlier this morning. Got to the duct around 8am and there was zero flow.

Zero flow is one of my favorite big fish conditions. I am a little surprised it shut down that early though. How was the water level at that time? At 5:30 am it was down about 3' and flowing slowly. It must have dropped not too long before I got there because the side was still wet and water was down below the first concrete horizontal joint. Lots of grass was exposed and the bait was running around in it.

koifish
08-29-2013, 09:15 AM
7-8

Zero flow is one of my favorite big fish conditions. I am a little surprised it shut down that early though. How was the water level at that time? At 5:30 am it was down about 3' and flowing slowly. It must have dropped not too long before I got there because the side was still wet and water was down below the first concrete horizontal joint. Lots of grass was exposed and the bait was running around in it.

Did you use plastic? i cant see it clear from pic. East?? I have not hit the duct for a while.

Master Baiter1
08-30-2013, 05:11 AM
Did you use plastic? i cant see it clear from pic. East?? I have not hit the duct for a while.

Yes plastic. Not east. Just in town. I wrote I pulled off an exit on my way to work. No duct in a while for you? Know fish in the duct anyway so you are not missing out on anything. :LOL: You still chasing those Castaic minis then?

ZipperWurm
08-30-2013, 09:10 AM
while we are on the topic of "no flow"....was out at 7am this morning and the water was at a stand still :Confused:

Master Baiter1
08-30-2013, 01:29 PM
while we are on the topic of "no flow"....was out at 7am this morning and the water was at a stand still :Confused:

That's when you put your marching shoes on and walk it. The rewards can be great!

koifish
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Yes plastic. Not east. Just in town. I wrote I pulled off an exit on my way to work. No duct in a while for you? Know fish in the duct anyway so you are not missing out on anything. :LOL: You still chasing those Castaic minis then?

Schoolies 1-1.5 lbs is best meat to eat...my daughter can finish the whole 1 lbs striper deepfry haha.....
You quest for the big but only eat the dink...lol..

trail blazer
08-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,,,VAMPIRE,,,lol

Master Baiter1
08-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,,,VAMPIRE,,,lol

Well I would say mini vampire lol. It was just before grey light but not a true vampire, night mission.