PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Striper recipes?

GregorMan
08-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Watched a few You Tube videos on how to ckean striped bass before my first attempt. I actually did OK. Now looking for recipes. If anyone has a favorite I would greatly appreciate it if you would share.
Thanks-Pete

esteban1t
08-26-2013, 05:06 PM
My Grandpa says they make some Great Ceviche , im not sure of his recipe . but thats what he said

fishermanx14
08-26-2013, 05:37 PM
striper tacos.....buy some beer batter, mix with beer, cube up striper fillets, fry. Corn tortilla, pico, lime, and white sauce....so good! 42425

flyhigh123
08-26-2013, 05:42 PM
they are amazing fried.... either tacos or just straight fish and chips.... i posted my recipe on another thread, search for striper recipes

cutbait
08-26-2013, 06:12 PM
IMO striper is only beat by halibut.

Zatarins crispy southern with garlic salt is best for fried IMO

Gary's ceviche recipe is outstanding! And not to be beat

catchingsomefish
08-26-2013, 08:24 PM
For a quick, simple, never fail approach, brush with a little olive oil, sprinkle with some lemon pepper, wrap a couple of times in foil put on the grill, medium heat for 5-7 minutes, and you are ready to eat!! I like that one after work,simply because it is quick and easy.................Dave

DMS
08-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Blackened with cayenne pepper peanut oil lemon and some misc spices on a hot skillet or same mixture baked or same hot skillet without the cayenne and with garlic powder and lemon and pepper etc...
Or crispy fried fillet or brown fillet and mix broken pieces with taco mix and make into tacos
Or steam them in a steamer after gill scale and gut or fry whole g+gfish in oil and mix with a green onion ginger sauce Chinese style...
You can grill too.
Fish head soup if you like it. I have many folks that take the head and carcass for soup.

DEVOREFLYER
08-26-2013, 09:54 PM
In addition to what has been mentioned above and I agree with all of them. Mr. Stripy is a very mild fish and seasoning adds greatly to the final outcome.

I like to grill with Hoisin Sauce or Trader Joe brand General Tsao Sauce brushed on the fish.

Lightly coat fillet with Dijon Mustard and roll in Italian Bread Crumbs with Rosemary added and pan fry in butter.

Poach in Salsa with eggs for a killer breakfast with tortillas on the side.

fishinone
08-27-2013, 06:56 AM
My favorite recipe is a simple one.

Cut fresh filets into shrimp size pieces.
Roll them in egg.
Bread them using seasoned bread crumbs. I like salt and pepper. Sometimes we use Progresso seasoned bread crumbs.
Bake them on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 400 degrees until golden brown.
Serve them with McCormic's cocktail sauce.

drifter023
08-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Usually fry after dip in egg beer mix then roll in your choice of coatings. But when what different will put on barbeque fillets cut to size wrapped in foil with garlic salt lemon pepper cayenne pepper some onions and bell peppers plus 1/4 can of beer and butter chunks.

GregorMan
08-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks, everyone for taking the time to share. Tried a beer batter recipe using a Tempura mix and it worked pretty well. Striper is definitely more moist than Halibut but still pretty good.
Pete

cutbait
08-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Your welcome

DEVOREFLYER
08-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Your welcome

Stutter much? Your repeatin' yourself.

cutbait
08-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks, everyone for taking the time to share your Striper recipes. Tried a beer batter coating using a Tempura Mix and it worked pretty well. Striper is definitely more "moist" than halibut but still tasted very good. - Pete

Thanks, everyone for taking the time to share. Tried a beer batter recipe using a Tempura mix and it worked pretty well. Striper is definitely more moist than Halibut but still pretty good.
Pete

Your welcome

Your welcome

Stutter much? Your repeatin' yourself.

Just anwering