PDA

View Full Version : DVL Report 8/25/13

craz_yPANDA
08-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Hello there everyone! I have not been posting any reports on here lately since I barely have time to go fishing here with my dad. Lately, I have seen the DV forums die out slowy... I really want this part of the forums to be more lively, so I will start to be more active. I hope most of you can also join me make it prosper like years before!

8/25/13
I get to the lake around 9 and load onto my rental pontoon. Saw a glob of shad surfacing next to the dock in the marina(i didnt see any outside of the marina) Started by going to the tower chucking swimbaits with my new setup while the others throw sardines. fished for 30 minutes, got bored and drove to a nearby cove dropshotting and texas rigging. Stayed for another 30 minutes, got bored, drove to the east dam i think it was. Trolled with flies. AND DANG!! we could SEE THE WATER LEVEL DROP! about 10+ feet... all in all, no stripers today..sadly, and i caught about 4 LMB myself. dinks to be exact. about 6-9 inches. all on dropshot, pink roboworms. didnt expect it to be such a tough bite!

LMB were very active, but you just need to find where they were.. sadly, we had no fish finder.

just a quick report!

Matt_Magnone
08-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Hello there everyone! I have not been posting any reports on here lately since I barely have time to go fishing here with my dad. Lately, I have seen the DV forums die out slowy... I really want this part of the forums to be more lively, so I will start to be more active. I hope most of you can also join me make it prosper like years before!

8/25/13
I get to the lake around 9 and load onto my rental pontoon. Saw a glob of shad surfacing next to the dock in the marina(i didnt see any outside of the marina) Started by going to the tower chucking swimbaits with my new setup while the others throw sardines. fished for 30 minutes, got bored and drove to a nearby cove dropshotting and texas rigging. Stayed for another 30 minutes, got bored, drove to the east dam i think it was. Trolled with flies. AND DANG!! we could SEE THE WATER LEVEL DROP! about 10+ feet... all in all, no stripers today..sadly, and i caught about 4 LMB myself. dinks to be exact. about 6-9 inches. all on dropshot, pink roboworms. didnt expect it to be such a tough bite!

LMB were very active, but you just need to find where they were.. sadly, we had no fish finder.

just a quick report!

yeah with little to no wind that lake can be a tough one. good job on beating the skunk! keep after it! its funny you mentioned the fish finder. 95% of the time i have my units off. the only time i really used them is in the winter when i have the swimbait rod down from time to time. the best thing you can do to keep those fish honest is to learn to be a condition watcher. follow, wind, shade, birds and bait. you do this you'll whack the crap out of em! dog days of summer can be TOUGH. fished on saturday with the swimbait and got m butt handed to me. 2 bites... we fished from open til 10. long hard grind. it happens!