PDA

View Full Version : Chasing Stripey With a Green Carp Guy = Epic Fail

MustHuntAndFish
08-25-2013, 07:46 PM
So my good buddy Jose invites me out to Castaic since my boat's outta commission... Great! Except he's a green carp fisherman.

I mention trolling for Striper and he reminds me that he took Striper 101 with T/O a year or so ago. So I figure with what he learned and with the pointers I got from DK ( between his 100 fish at O'Neill... That's just the great type of guy that he is) we would put some Striper meat on board.

20 minutes we've metered fish and bait but no takers and Green Carp Fisherman is talkin bout how many green carp he woulda had on the boat by now:Rolls Eyes:

15 minutes later we see a big school on the graph and he says this is it... We're gonna get one right now! Sure enough... My rod bends and drag is peeling... Now he thinks he's a Striper pro too... Double :Rolls Eyes: A dink hits the deck and the skunk is off.

We circle back and my rod gets slammed at the same exact spot! This ones a big one... I can tell... But 4 or 5 cranks and a few head shakes later it comes unbuttoned. :Censored::Censored:

We make a few more passes for no love... Head to the ski arm and get nothing so Green Carp Man has had enough and we are off to chase his type of fish. I guess I can't complain... We were on his boat and he spent his first couple hours chasin Stripey with me. Not his fault I only produced one dink.

You know you're my boy Jose and its always good being out on the water with you.

Final count was 1 striped dink landed, 1 farmed and 1 green carp for me and 3 green carp for Jose.

Side Note: I saw Catchingsomefish and his pretty lady out there. Didn't introduce myself because I had a dropshot roboworm tied on at the time and I knew he'd smell the green carp on me. Maybe next time and I hope you were Catchingsomefish out there.

Here's pics of the fish I landed.

fishinone
08-25-2013, 07:51 PM
You beat the skunk! That's a successful day.

You leave you gear out in the sun to disinfect it.:Smile:

dk4885
08-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Next time you are in Fresno visiting your brother we will take our boys out to o'neill and slay some jailbirds. I think that's what you need to forget the memory of fishing for green carp

cutbait
08-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Hahahaha. Great post.

Lots o fun you guys

trail blazer
08-25-2013, 08:38 PM
lol,,,,,,,,,,great post,,,,,,WTG out trhere

MustHuntAndFish
08-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Next time you are in Fresno visiting your brother we will take our boys out to o'neill and slay some jailbirds. I think that's what you need to forget the memory of fishing for green carp

Its easy to forget the Green Carp when the one Dink Striper fought better than all 4 of them put together!

Double A
08-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Sounds like you still had fun.

Get your buddy on a reel drag screamer, he'll come around.

catchingsomefish
08-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I wish you would have said something, I would have like to have met you, and I would forgive you for the roboworm...LOL We caught 8 really quickly in the fish arm, then they disappeared from the graph......The lake lice was so thick, we gave up early. The rental boat is tough to control when your getting sideswiped by huge swells. The morning bite was really good for about an hour....No green fish today fortunately...............Thanks for the report, next time please say hello.....................Dave

MustHuntAndFish
08-25-2013, 09:55 PM
I wish you would have said something, I would have like to have met you, and I would forgive you for the roboworm...LOL We caught 8 really quickly in the fish arm, then they disappeared from the graph......The lake lice was so thick, we gave up early. The rental boat is tough to control when your getting sideswiped by huge swells. The morning bite was really good for about an hour....No green fish today fortunately...............Thanks for the report, next time please say hello.....................Dave

I'll definitely say hello next time... I just didn't wanna intrude on you and who I assumed was your significant other. I know what you're sayin bout controlling the rental boat. I've fought that fight many times. Glad you got on some fish... You're definitely puttin what you learned from Bob to good use. Congrats!

MikesOcean
08-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Great report MHF!

Sounds like you guys had a great time along with some good old ***** talk too. I think that's what makes the day more fun.

Great job beating the skunk too. I think your problem was not taking your son. Hehe. You know he prolly woulda caught a DD.

Keep them reports coming! :)

catchingsomefish
08-26-2013, 08:33 AM
yeah, that was my wife...She is a good sport, actually she just likes to be out on the water, and has been bugging me to get a real boat.....Being a small business owner in these turbulent economic times, I have been resisting doing that.....hopefully soon though. Trolling with one rod is challenging enough, Bob makes it look so easy with two rods going!, plus finding active fish in the zone....just have to keep working the water, although yesterday, being a weekend, I really didnt expect too much....Dave

MustHuntAndFish
08-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Great report MHF!

Sounds like you guys had a great time along with some good old ***** talk too. I think that's what makes the day more fun.

Great job beating the skunk too. I think your problem was not taking your son. Hehe. You know he prolly woulda caught a DD.

Keep them reports coming! :)

Ha... The Trash Talkin is a must when fishing with friends!

My little guy saw me gettin my gear together Saturday nite and invited himself. But he decided not to get out of bed a 4:30 am after staying up late playing X-Box... Lol! He probably would have gotten a DD though!

Hardcor
08-26-2013, 03:02 PM
There is no luck like a father and his sons luck combined ! It's hard to get the little guy's up early !

I would get cinnamon rolls the night before and heat them up and take'm bed side ! Worked half the time !

Thank's for the report !

Corey

MustHuntAndFish
08-26-2013, 06:42 PM
yeah, that was my wife...She is a good sport, actually she just likes to be out on the water, and has been bugging me to get a real boat.....Being a small business owner in these turbulent economic times, I have been resisting doing that.....hopefully soon though. Trolling with one rod is challenging enough, Bob makes it look so easy with two rods going!, plus finding active fish in the zone....just have to keep working the water, although yesterday, being a weekend, I really didnt expect too much....Dave

8 quick fish in the morning sounds pretty good to me! Glad you got on them. And we learn something every time we're out there. You did that while spending time with your wife... That's a good Sunday.

I'm one of the lucky ones who's wife and kids like to fish too. It's always nice sharing days on the water with the family.

MustHuntAndFish
08-26-2013, 06:49 PM
There is no luck like a father and his sons luck combined ! It's hard to get the little guy's up early !

I would get cinnamon rolls the night before and heat them up and take'm bed side ! Worked half the time !

Thank's for the report !

Corey

I was surprised when he decided to stay in bed... He's usually pumped and ready when its time to go fishing no matter what time it is.