PDA

View Full Version : No e, no Guests, Revenge on Stripey

DMS
08-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Title correction No Bananas, No Guests, Revenge on Stripey

After last weekend with guests with bananas and only getting one small dink for my guests, Lulu and I headed out for redemption. It turns out that our friend, a wise Chinese grandmother had predicted that our guests would drive away the fish. I don't know if it was the bananas or the prediction, but last week pretty much sucked for our boat.

Got in line early and was the 4th boat in line. After rigging up to launch, I shot the breeze with Bassfan and Fishinone for a bit. Those guys are always fun to talk to and great guys. At least one of the boats in front had to inspect, so dunked the boat in the drink and was off for another adventure. I had hoped the fish would bite as we had a gathering of some friends at out place tonight and it would really help to get it done early so we could finish getting the place ready.

On the way to the bait spot, I saw a bit of halfhearted breaking fish and took a couple casts for nada. Got set in position and get the lines out. After about 15 minutes we had a bait stealer and then the action started. Once the first fish hit the deck, we had limits in 2 hours of hook time. We had a few times of seeming lull, but not too much. I finally poured a cup of coffee during that time, but couldn't get a drink before the fish interrupted. Lulu and I had double hook ups at least 2 or 3 times and we had a triple once. The 3rd rod was just screaming in the holder while we had our hands full.

After fish #20, we took a photo, iced down stripey and stowed a few things to make pulling out quicker as it was really nice. Nice run back to the dock and got out without delay before the lice were too thick. It turns out that now our friends think our guest has bad fish karma. They told me that she put tilapia in her new backyard koi pond and they died. I didn't know that tilapia would die in any water. Heck, they live in the Salton Sea and can live in guest fish pond??!!!

It seems that we are back on track with our usual take. No big fish, but really good action and fun on light line.

I can't wait until next time!!!

DMS

fishinone
08-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Nice job on the usual slay Dan and Lulu. It looks like you're back in business.

It's always nice seeing you guys at the lake.

I know a couple people who are like fish repellant. When they're in the boat, I don't expect much.

Bassfan
08-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Good seeing you guys as usual and nice bounce back this week.
I had the honor of joining fishinone and we did a lot of exploring and experimenting before settling in to your spot to do some damage.
See you next week, same lake same time!

fishinone
08-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Bassfan, we should have boarded Dan's boat and searched for a banana!

MikesOcean
08-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Great job on your revenge. :)

DMS
08-26-2013, 01:00 PM
MO, I sprayed my monitor when I saw your striper eating banana shot... LOL good one

Hardcor
08-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Title correction No Bananas, No Guests, Revenge on Stripey

After last weekend with guests with bananas and only getting one small dink for my guests, Lulu and I headed out for redemption. It turns out that our friend, a wise Chinese grandmother had predicted that our guests would drive away the fish. I don't know if it was the bananas or the prediction, but last week pretty much sucked for our boat.

Got in line early and was the 4th boat in line. After rigging up to launch, I shot the breeze with Bassfan and Fishinone for a bit. Those guys are always fun to talk to and great guys. At least one of the boats in front had to inspect, so dunked the boat in the drink and was off for another adventure. I had hoped the fish would bite as we had a gathering of some friends at out place tonight and it would really help to get it done early so we could finish getting the place ready.

On the way to the bait spot, I saw a bit of halfhearted breaking fish and took a couple casts for nada. Got set in position and get the lines out. After about 15 minutes we had a bait stealer and then the action started. Once the first fish hit the deck, we had limits in 2 hours of hook time. We had a few times of seeming lull, but not too much. I finally poured a cup of coffee during that time, but couldn't get a drink before the fish interrupted. Lulu and I had double hook ups at least 2 or 3 times and we had a triple once. The 3rd rod was just screaming in the holder while we had our hands full.

After fish #20, we took a photo, iced down stripey and stowed a few things to make pulling out quicker as it was really nice. Nice run back to the dock and got out without delay before the lice were too thick. It turns out that now our friends think our guest has bad fish karma. They told me that she put tilapia in her new backyard koi pond and they died. I didn't know that tilapia would die in any water. Heck, they live in the Salton Sea and can live in guest fish pond??!!!

It seems that we are back on track with our usual take. No big fish, but really good action and fun on light line.

I can't wait until next time!!!

DMS

You have one slow outing and you think anybody who knows you is crying for you !

I glad you're back on track !

Corey