PDA

View Full Version : Sat. the good the bad that lake

karlow
08-24-2013, 09:12 PM
I have not been on a lake for about two months. I have not been at Castaic for half a year or more.
I had been fishing in long Beach chasing Barries, and Sandies, but the party is over now. Nothing local but scuppies!
The wood has a bad case of bad press, and roomer has it that Castaic has a bunch of schoolies that want to play.
I got there at 5:40, the line was way up the hill. I got on the water around 6:40 I had to wait for inspection. I made the run to the end of the ski arm. I had hope that we would be on the same program as last year, but there was no sign of boils, or anyone that said they had seen a boil. Alas no quick fix today. I put out the gear, two rigs one at 145ft. One rig was the 6 oz, and the other was about four oz. This stuff is custom made and the weight is for every thing hanging on the scale. I never had to change up anything today. I caught dinks in all the usual places. Both rigs seems to do about the the same! I ran the lighter one closer to the shore (as you should). Most of my fish were from near the the dam area. So guys if you want to try out all the things that Bob has been showing us, now is the time! Castaic is the place. One more piece of knowledge, I was working in 25-35ft of water, most fish were marking at 10-20ft. One time I had five hits before anything stuck, that has to be a personal record for me! Need to sharpen hooks? You can catch a limit by noon time, but I did not meet any fish over 1.5 lbs! Good fun Dink a lick fest is on a roll! My dinks were larger than the ones I saw the bait and wait guys getting. One green fish today boyZ.

KP

catchingsomefish
08-24-2013, 09:40 PM
A few weeks ago, the action was really good, the past couple of weeks, it has slowed, but as you eluded to, there are a lot of the small guys that are active.....I am going to risk the end of the season lake lice tomorrow and see if I can get some to come play with my gear....Thanks for the report...................................Dave