PDA

View Full Version : Monster Striper Taken by Vern Galliher

striperkingclassic
08-24-2013, 08:07 PM
News travels very fast when it comes to big stripers coming out of DVL. Most of the time the news is very accurate. As I was speaking with Last Chance on Friday, Josh mentioned to me, "Did you hear about the big striper that Vern caught today?". I did a little research Saturday to find out from the man himself. I called Mr. Vern Galliher of Hemet to ask him about his fish. He was still pretty excited about his big striper, "I could almost fit my head inside the mouth of that striper!". Vern caught this monster 25lb striper this past Friday on a Mike Sutherland special fly. He caught it on the south side of the lake (Information for striper fishing will be extremely limited with the Striper King Classic 3 coming up in September).

Vern's been trolling DVL for sometime now and I'm sure if you fish the lake, you know his boat when you see him trolling. "You know, I've fished for years to catch a fish of this size. People won't know how hard I've fished for this fish". Congratulations on your beautiful striper, one of the largest this year.

Mike Sutherland manages to get this picture of Vern struggling to keep his fish under control for the shot..........

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm210/DVL_SmackDown/SKCVernStriper_zps3fde3e0b.jpg (http://s297.photobucket.com/user/DVL_SmackDown/media/SKCVernStriper_zps3fde3e0b.jpg.html)

troutsniffer
08-24-2013, 08:36 PM
dayummmmmmm!

Kojak5150
08-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Congrats!!! Thank you for sharing.

GdHkSet1
08-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Awesome job out there nailing that DD, your hard work and persistence finally paid off- I'm waiting for my 20+ day to come again congrats!

prankster13
08-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Way to go Vern, I know how hard you fish and you deserve that one for sure, good work man.

Brandoncrow123
08-30-2013, 09:35 AM
1: Plant some dang trees!! Eucalyptus survives floods and drought. Don't believe me? Go to the southeast corner of the lake. Those trees are submerged half the time. Fishing at DVL sucks in the summer. There is no shade, it's hotter than hot.

Eucalyptus would also help keep weeds from growing when the lake level drops. When it rises, it provides fish cover. If it ever need trimming, throw the logs in the lake. More fish hidey holes. Trees would be so nice. Plus Eucalyptus is like $10 bucks a tree. It's not like planting a few would bankrupt the lake.

MikesOcean
08-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Hot Dayaaam!!! Congrats on the beautiful fish Vern!!

I totally understand that chase for the trophy fish. I'm sure with all your hard work, it was well deserved.

That moment of your catch is I'm sure a great memory you will never forget.

Great job!!!!

Nessie Hunter
09-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Great catch, congratulations!!!!!

freespiritfisherman
10-03-2013, 08:36 PM
thats not how I remember it. if this is the same fish. If I remember correctly, Cory from the lake was the one who fought this fish NOT VERN! Ya it was on vern's boat but he didnt catch the fish & took full credit for it! I heard he even asked cory to step out of the picture... WoW Thats awesome!

congrats on your fish CORY, NICE CATCH!

Hardcor
10-03-2013, 08:44 PM
thats not how I remember it. if this is the same fish. If I remember correctly, Cory from the lake was the one who fought this fish NOT VERN! Ya it was on vern's boat but he didnt catch the fish & took full credit for it! I heard he even asked cory to step out of the picture... WoW Thats awesome!

Is that the truth ? I want to know !

EL JEFE
10-03-2013, 09:00 PM

Interesting first post

fisherman951
10-03-2013, 09:03 PM

well this just got interesting

cutbait
10-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Who started the thread?

Who is Cory at the lake?

Nice first post as well.

Hardcor sure did mix it up at DVL..

All the skeletons coming out.

Anymore first posters?

seal
10-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I'd blame all this on the full moon but there's almost no moon right now, very bizarre.

fishinone
10-04-2013, 12:34 PM
I'd blame all this on the full moon but there's almost no moon right now, very bizarre.

It's the New Moon! LOL