PDA

View Full Version : haha must see

DotA
08-22-2013, 10:24 PM
sorry if repost haha u guys have to watch this I cant stop laughing :LOL:
reminds me when I hooked on my 4ft leo from the surf and he turned just like this one but I dodge his attack haha I remember seeing locdawg posing with a pretty leo and was thinking what if it turned on him haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KODixXXnSQ

sshaffr812
08-23-2013, 12:15 AM
That gash is GNARLY!!!:EyePop: But seriously :Idiot:

-Steve

DockRat
08-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Lmao. Scars for proof. :Cool:

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/pacific_coast_shark_news.htm

Manhattan Beach — On August 18, 2013 Brett Butler was Stand-Up-Paddle surfing at Manhattan Beach near the Lifeguard Tower at 34th Street. It was 1:30 PM and he had been on the water about one hour. The sky was overcast with a slight wind and an estimated air temperature of 74 degrees Fahrenheit. Except for two Dolphin observed when he entered the water, no other marine mammals were observed during the surfing session. The waves were small with the water depth only about 4 feet deep at his location. During the session he had traveled into deeper water and estimated underwater visibility to be about 20 feet. Butler reported;“I was stationary, just balancing while waiting for set waves, just outside the surf zone. I looked down and clear as day, just cruising at the surface, almost looking at me 3 feet away very near to the surface was a Great White Shark about 10 feet long and girthy. It seemed to roll slightly so that it could look up at me as it glided past my board. It was not swimming fast and appeared to be ‘just checking me out.' It was no more than 3 feet from my board when it passed. The sighting last less than 10 seconds.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

San Onofre State Beach — On August 10, 2013 Lance Blake reported the following;“At 0945 hours, I was surfing at Trail Five with four friends, two on the beach and two in the water with me. It was a Saturday but the crowds were light due to lack of surf. We had been on the water about 2.5 hours. The tide was pushing in (rising) so the waves were breaking closer to shore. There was a lot of dolphin activity about 100 yards out to sea from the line up. The Dolphins seemed to be hanging around in the area lots of breaching and swimming in clusters with other dolphins, there was also a lot of bait fish in the line up so maybe they were feeding. The waves were waist high with chest high sets, maybe breaking 50 yards from the shore. I had just taken a wave all the way to the shore so began to paddle back into the lineup. As I was paddling back out a set wave rolled through and in the wave I saw a large mass. It was not riding the wave like Dolphins it was just in the wave, almost like being in an aquarium. I have been surfing for over 30 years and I have seen lots of sea creatures in the surf like seals, otters, sea lions, dolphins, I had never seen anything like this. Oh yea it was directly in front of me probably 50 feet away. So I stared at it because I had never seen something like this, then it hit me (not literally), it's a Great White Shark. The first thing I noticed was the girth this animal had, it was poised in the wave and it was turning to its left. It wasn't a Sea Lion because I could see the back tapering down towards what would have been the tail area and it was way too big to be a Dolphin. I didn't freak out because I was far enough away that I didn't feel I was in danger. My two friends were about 30 yards north of the shark. The color seemed to be a dark brown. I would estimate the size to be 8 – 10 feet. I immediately went in and called in my friends. I stood on the beach for about 25 minutes and never saw it or any other evidence of its presence. Water depth was approximately 6 – 7 feet.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

San Onofre State Beach — On August 5, 2013 Dave Schulte and his son, Ryan, were surfing with an unknown companion on vacation from North Carolina. They were at Trail One, San Onofre State Beach. It was 6:00 PM and they had been in the water about 2 hours. Air and water temperatures were both estimated in the upper 60s or low 70s Fahrenheit. It was sunny with a mild breeze. The ocean was ‘glassy smooth.' The rocky ocean floor had scattered areas of sand with a depth of 5 – 6 feet and underwater visibility of about 3 feet. Schulte recalled;“About 5 minutes prior to the encounter, 3 Dolphins were observed moving through the line-up very close to shore. There were large schools of baitfish that would frequently jump up out of the water, as if being chased from below. I had also noticed many sand crabs on the shore before entering the water. My son and I were surfing with a guy visiting from North Carolina. We were the only surfers out at Trail One. It was high tide and we were sitting 50 feet offshore in 5 – 6 feet of water. We saw 3 Dolphins swam right by us and there were a lot of baitfish in the area. Then 5 minutes later a shark swam right under our surfboards. We thought it was a Dolphin at first but it never broke the surface. Within a few moments I identified it as a Great White Shark, based on its movements and my previous observations of sharks in the area. Then about one minute later it came back from the opposite direction and hit the leg of the surfer from North Carolina, bumping him completely off his board. He was sitting 5 feet from me so I got a very good look at his face; he was freaked out by what just happened. We continued to surf for another half hour and had no more encounters with the shark. The guy from North Carolina went ashore following the bump.” Although there was physical contact between the shark and surfer, the testimony suggests that the shark merely swam by the subject so closely that it rubbed up against his leg. His reflex was to exit the board quickly. Due to this ambiguity we have not listed this case as an unprovoked shark attack. Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

bloox8
08-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Lmao. Scars for proof. :Cool:

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/pacific_coast_shark_news.htm

Manhattan Beach — On August 18, 2013 Brett Butler was Stand-Up-Paddle surfing at Manhattan Beach near the Lifeguard Tower at 34th Street. It was 1:30 PM and he had been on the water about one hour. The sky was overcast with a slight wind and an estimated air temperature of 74 degrees Fahrenheit. Except for two Dolphin observed when he entered the water, no other marine mammals were observed during the surfing session. The waves were small with the water depth only about 4 feet deep at his location. During the session he had traveled into deeper water and estimated underwater visibility to be about 20 feet. Butler reported;“I was stationary, just balancing while waiting for set waves, just outside the surf zone. I looked down and clear as day, just cruising at the surface, almost looking at me 3 feet away very near to the surface was a Great White Shark about 10 feet long and girthy. It seemed to roll slightly so that it could look up at me as it glided past my board. It was not swimming fast and appeared to be ‘just checking me out.' It was no more than 3 feet from my board when it passed. The sighting last less than 10 seconds.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

San Onofre State Beach — On August 10, 2013 Lance Blake reported the following;“At 0945 hours, I was surfing at Trail Five with four friends, two on the beach and two in the water with me. It was a Saturday but the crowds were light due to lack of surf. We had been on the water about 2.5 hours. The tide was pushing in (rising) so the waves were breaking closer to shore. There was a lot of dolphin activity about 100 yards out to sea from the line up. The Dolphins seemed to be hanging around in the area lots of breaching and swimming in clusters with other dolphins, there was also a lot of bait fish in the line up so maybe they were feeding. The waves were waist high with chest high sets, maybe breaking 50 yards from the shore. I had just taken a wave all the way to the shore so began to paddle back into the lineup. As I was paddling back out a set wave rolled through and in the wave I saw a large mass. It was not riding the wave like Dolphins it was just in the wave, almost like being in an aquarium. I have been surfing for over 30 years and I have seen lots of sea creatures in the surf like seals, otters, sea lions, dolphins, I had never seen anything like this. Oh yea it was directly in front of me probably 50 feet away. So I stared at it because I had never seen something like this, then it hit me (not literally), it's a Great White Shark. The first thing I noticed was the girth this animal had, it was poised in the wave and it was turning to its left. It wasn't a Sea Lion because I could see the back tapering down towards what would have been the tail area and it was way too big to be a Dolphin. I didn't freak out because I was far enough away that I didn't feel I was in danger. My two friends were about 30 yards north of the shark. The color seemed to be a dark brown. I would estimate the size to be 8 – 10 feet. I immediately went in and called in my friends. I stood on the beach for about 25 minutes and never saw it or any other evidence of its presence. Water depth was approximately 6 – 7 feet.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

San Onofre State Beach — On August 5, 2013 Dave Schulte and his son, Ryan, were surfing with an unknown companion on vacation from North Carolina. They were at Trail One, San Onofre State Beach. It was 6:00 PM and they had been in the water about 2 hours. Air and water temperatures were both estimated in the upper 60s or low 70s Fahrenheit. It was sunny with a mild breeze. The ocean was ‘glassy smooth.' The rocky ocean floor had scattered areas of sand with a depth of 5 – 6 feet and underwater visibility of about 3 feet. Schulte recalled;“About 5 minutes prior to the encounter, 3 Dolphins were observed moving through the line-up very close to shore. There were large schools of baitfish that would frequently jump up out of the water, as if being chased from below. I had also noticed many sand crabs on the shore before entering the water. My son and I were surfing with a guy visiting from North Carolina. We were the only surfers out at Trail One. It was high tide and we were sitting 50 feet offshore in 5 – 6 feet of water. We saw 3 Dolphins swam right by us and there were a lot of baitfish in the area. Then 5 minutes later a shark swam right under our surfboards. We thought it was a Dolphin at first but it never broke the surface. Within a few moments I identified it as a Great White Shark, based on its movements and my previous observations of sharks in the area. Then about one minute later it came back from the opposite direction and hit the leg of the surfer from North Carolina, bumping him completely off his board. He was sitting 5 feet from me so I got a very good look at his face; he was freaked out by what just happened. We continued to surf for another half hour and had no more encounters with the shark. The guy from North Carolina went ashore following the bump.” Although there was physical contact between the shark and surfer, the testimony suggests that the shark merely swam by the subject so closely that it rubbed up against his leg. His reflex was to exit the board quickly. Due to this ambiguity we have not listed this case as an unprovoked shark attack. Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

:Shocked:...

Thats pretty scary. Thanks for the info DR

harlanx1
08-23-2013, 06:10 PM
It's almost that time of year up in humboldt mendo some one gets it almost every oct. I lived in a small town on the beach Samoa behind our house was a big surf spot they called the powerlines. Someone gets bumped there almost every year. Seems like maybe they migrate north from southern california. Ending up in northern california and southern oregon about the time the fall salmon run peaks. The mouths of the rivers are absolutely full of stellar sea lions feeding on the salmon. After oct they mysteriously disapear till the next summer. Do you suppose that the big salmon runs corespond to white attacks.

Kingfish Addict
09-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Wonder how much alcohol that dude had in him. Didn't seem to flinch much, and that's an injury that definitely warrants flinching lol...