PDA

View Full Version : Dove Opener...

Skyler
08-22-2013, 11:15 AM
So, who's going out this year, and where? Heading to Blythe for 4 days myself.

DarkShadow
08-22-2013, 11:25 AM
So, who's going out this year, and where? Heading to Blythe for 4 days myself.

From a legal stand point, can a pigeon be considered a dove?

City Dad
08-22-2013, 11:41 AM
heading to Griffith Observatory, bringing my wrist-rocket and a bag of marbles

Skyler
08-22-2013, 11:45 AM
From a legal stand point, can a pigeon be considered a dove?

Nope. Open season all year on pigeons, no bag limit. I shot a couple last year in fact. They taste the same. Just check the crop for used syringes before cooking.

vampirebret
08-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Pigeons are a lot more fun to shoot when you find a dairy full of them and the owner grants you permission to shoot the pesky and good eating birds. LOL

TroutOnly
08-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Tell us how good the pigeon tastes,,,,,,,,to bad you have to go to blythe ,carpboy gets his limit in about 15 minutes up there in bako,,,,,,,,,,,ive got many pairs that come in my backyard to my feeders other food sources but i live on a couple acres,and they love our garden jungle my wife has going on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
08-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Hunting the mini Argentina fields here in Bako.

Safflower fields are dove heaven. Like Bobarino says, I had a limit last year before the sun was up.

Pigeon=rock dove.

No limit, no bag.

Use 4 shot cause those bit he's be hard to kill.

Once you slay two or ten. They get smart and fly high.

BTW Bret is right dairies are pigeon heaven

cutbait
08-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Taking Whichwayout this year.

Going to set up the camera for vid!

Those left wingers on this site gonna love that vid.

Looking at you PCabuser and hawgzwild

vampirebret
08-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Tell us how good the pigeon tastes,,,,,,,,to bad you have to go to blythe ,carpboy gets his limit in about 15 minutes up there in bako,,,,,,,,,,,ive got many pairs that come in my backyard to my feeders other food sources but i live on a couple acres,and they love our garden jungle my wife has going on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pigeons taste like chicken. LOL

HawgZWylde
08-22-2013, 05:50 PM

Looking at me? Why? Leftwinger me? What's up CB?

cutbait
08-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Looking at me? Why? Leftwinger me? What's up CB?

He he he... just keeping you on your toes!

You passed with flying colors

DEVOREFLYER
08-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Jeeze I was gonna ask for a list of the drugs your were takin' or if the Ghost Pepper was still makin' ya a little crazy. HawgZWylde is my back seater on Olde Blue and and he's as right wing as you can get. You know Bible thumpin', gun hugger, redneck, mouth breathin', sexist, racist, all that lefty hate'n SOB kinda stuff, he's my kinda guy. Boy I am I relieved you was kiddin', what a relief.

HawgZWylde
08-22-2013, 07:01 PM
He he he... just keeping you on your toes!

You passed with flying colors

Bwahaha, damn dude the only thing worse than having my name in the same sentence with that leftist Obozo sock puppet would be to have Quagga's name after it. By the way, when did you start moonlighting as a rodeo clown in Missouri? Is that why you haven't been around cause you got in trouble for that mask? Hehehe...

HawgZWylde
08-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Jeeze I was gonna ask for a list of the drugs your were takin' or if the Ghost Pepper was still makin' ya a little crazy. HawgZWylde is my back seater on Olde Blue and and he's as right wing as you can get. You know Bible thumpin', gun hugger, redneck, mouth breathin', sexist, racist, all that lefty hate'n SOB kinda stuff, he's my kinda guy. Boy I am I relieved you was kiddin', what a relief.

Hey Dev, you forgot the 'throwin grandma off the cliff in a wheelchair' part. I reeeaaallly have fun doing that you know...

Lady Quagga
08-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Oh Hawgz, self-deprecation works best if it's ironic or humorous. In your case, it hits too close to the mark to be either.

cutbait
08-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Bwahaha, damn dude the only thing worse than having my name in the same sentence with that leftist Obozo sock puppet would be to have Quagga's name after it. By the way, when did you start moonlighting as a rodeo clown in Missouri? Is that why you haven't been around cause you got in trouble for that mask? Hehehe...

Haha. You know when I read that story I was like oh Snap!.

If main stream got ahold of FNN?

Reel bros YouTube would blow up!.

Ole cut bait would be labeled a racist

cutbait
08-22-2013, 07:19 PM
HawgzQuagga... nice ring?

City Dad
08-22-2013, 08:13 PM
HawgzQuagga... nice ring?

not as nice as QuaggZwyld

cutbait
08-22-2013, 08:16 PM
not as nice as QuaggZwyld

LadyZ Wylde?

Marley
08-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Wish I was going out. Wait... I have the weekend off! Just might have to scoot out somewhere. Anyone hittin' the war zone south of Bishop?

City Dad
08-22-2013, 08:25 PM
LadyZ Wylde?

sometimes I almost think they are the same person.

City Dad
08-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Skyler, I think you should leave the shotgun and home and take the flu-flus. you stick a dove and you're for real

HawgZWylde
08-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh Hawgz, self-deprecation works best if it's ironic or humorous. In your case, it hits too close to the mark to be either.

Indeed, but hey at least I stand by my convictions rather than sit on top of a fence with a splinter laden 4x4 redwood post up my rectum pointing a crooked finger at all those on the right side while gloating and lapping up the adulation from all the drooling lapdogs on the left side. Listen! You can hear them all panting right now...

HawgZWylde
08-22-2013, 08:36 PM

Bwahaha, did you hear that Quaggzbaby? I don't know man, there'd be so much verbal flatulence occurring we'd have to hire a full time and permanent roofer...

HawgZWylde
08-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Haha. You know when I read that story I was like oh Snap!.

If main stream got ahold of FNN?

Reel bros YouTube would blow up!.

Ole cut bait would be labeled a racist

Lol, it's the first thing I thought of when I read it. But you really deserve a medal for that performance dude. Got everybody excited. Even 4 related headlines on Drudge itself. I'm really proud of you...

HawgZWylde
08-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Skyler, I think you should leave the shotgun and home and take the flu-flus. you stick a dove and you're for real

Meh, I like using my 12g loaded with 00 buck. I like watching the initial explosion then all the little feathers floating to the ground. If I want to eat a bird I just go to Kentucky Fried Chicken or Popeyes...

Lady Quagga
08-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Indeed, but hey at least I stand by my convictions rather than sit on top of a fence with a splinter laden 4x4 redwood post up my rectum pointing a crooked finger at all those on the right side while gloating and lapping up the adulation from all the drooling lapdogs on the left side. Listen! You can hear them all panting right now...

And I see your penchant for making inaccurate statements continues. Of course, it says more about you than it ever does about anyone else.

Bwahaha, did you hear that Quaggzbaby? I don't know man, there'd be so much verbal flatulence occurring we'd have to hire a full time and permanent roofer...

CD's wit is sometimes too subtle for some folks to pick up on. Case in point.

cutbait
08-22-2013, 08:50 PM

Awe! The TRUE alias alas!

cutbait
08-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Lol, it's the first thing I thought of when I read it. But you really deserve a medal for that performance dude. Got everybody excited. Even 4 related headlines on Drudge itself. I'm really proud of you...

I'm just glad it wasn't me being racist in a mass merchandised mask that's been sold on Halloweens for 40 years of every president, including white ones

old pudd fisher
08-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Pigeons taste like chicken. LOL

Pigeons are tasty, shot my first one with my Red Ryder BB gun back in 1959 in the orchard behind our house. Cleaned and cooked it under a tree.

MustHuntAndFish
08-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Hoping to go up to Dinuba (just south of Fresno) to Hunt with my Dad on his 3 acres. Some years we get a lot of dove flyin in and some years there aren't very many. If its a good year I'll shoot a box or two and get a few birds down... Haha! If its a bad year I'll still be hangin out with my Dad.... That's a win, win as far as I'm concerned.

HawgZWylde
08-22-2013, 09:36 PM
And I see your penchant for making inaccurate statements continues. Of course, it says more about you than it ever does about anyone else.

CD's wit is sometimes too subtle for some folks to pick up on. Case in point.

Dang it, I told us to make sure we read between the lines. Why did we miss it Quaggzbaby?

MustHuntAndFish
08-22-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't me being racist in a mass merchandised mask that's been sold on Halloweens for 40 years of every president, including white ones

Yup... If that rodeo clown had been wearing a G.W. Bush mask all the Libs would have loved it. They cry racism whenever somebody mocks Obama but it was cool when they used to call Bush a RETARD! Being a person who has a brother with Downs Syndrome and Autism... I can't help but see the hypocrisy.

Lady Quagga
08-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Dang it, I told us to make sure we read between the lines. Why did we miss it Quaggzbaby?

I really can't pin down the cause of your shortcomings. Perhaps it's genetic....

Which Way Out
08-23-2013, 06:38 AM

OMG!!
This should be almost as funny as watching TO & company fish.....LOL:ROFL:

WWO