PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Dananimal..

sidified
08-19-2013, 09:57 PM
No legal happy endings here...but no skunk either...Of course, that may not have been the case if I hadn't called SP Dan.. For an hour, starting at sunrise, I frothed the suds por nada.. I give SP a shout.. 'Should I stay or should I go?' (love that song) Dan consults his crystal balls and says the bite will kick in sometime after 10.. I'm so excited I fall asleep standing up.

10:15 I start the routine.. At 10:58, a pancake! How small was it? Not gonna say but I swallowed it whole. 11:02, a second pancake. I have to break out Mrs. Buttersworth's to get this one down.
11:09, a 15'' YFC falls for the ol' LC..
Then another pancake..yum.... And another, but (belch) I'm stuffed and let it go..
11:20, an actual 'short' at 18''!!..
And that's that.. 22 minutes and it's over..possibly the sea had become too shallow since half the ocean had found its way into my leaking waders..
Thanks, Dananimal!!

SP Dan
08-19-2013, 10:15 PM
:LOL: Ha ha ha!

Sid ..... I am so profoundly happy for you Sir!
You hung in there! You persevered the not-so-good conditions and was rewarded for your patience! WTG!
I'm starting to become a believer in the Isolunar fish predictions! A lot of my bites happen :Shocked: in those periods!
There is really something to this "Major" and "Minor" periods stuff!

I must say .... when you called me and said to me that you were fishing (poaching) in my backyard this AM ... I wanted to call in sick and join you :Envious:!
And I would have ... except I don't have the pleasure of working for a great boss like the PONTOON, and besides ... my boss is not very :EyePop: understanding! :LOL: So .. at work I stayed.

I'm really happy that you were able to get on some fish and to also have had a fun time! :Cool: Thanx for the call my Brotha!

PS ... Can we leave my crystal balls out of this the next time?! :LOL: :EyePop::ROFL:

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"

skunked4life
08-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Sid! I tried to post a reply from my phone yesterday but it wouldn't work. Besides, the text is just way too small.

Great job sticking with it and getting a couple of more points for us. Slow and steady wins the race. Lieutenant Bones HAS to slow down sooner or later right?

As to Dan's crystal balls, they are not what they seem. He just uses them as magnifiers to enlarge text. I told him to just get bifocals. Is it too early for me to be talking smack to my S.W.A.T. seniors? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Corporal Croaker signing out!

Wingnut
08-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Good to see a report from you Sid! :Big Grin:
I know you're always busy being the Most Interesting Man in the World. :Envious:
Say hello to the family and I'll see you at HG5 my friend. :Wink:

sidified
08-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Ha...that's some funny stuff, guys..

Dan, I don't know if Bones will ever slow down, but the tracking device I stuck on his truck has been paying off big time.. What do you bet Bones checks it out?
Keep looking, Mike..you'll never find it!! :ROFL:

And, Ken, it's okay to talk smack, but it has to live up to the quality(?) of this, your latest post... Wit-O-Meter sez---- 10 !

And Arthur, I know when you say, ''Good to see a report from you Sid!'', it's just code for, "It's about time you caught a fish!'' You can be so cold...

bachiboy
08-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Very nicely done Sid! Way to smack those flapjacks around. Guess I need to check in with that Lunar chart a little more. Not so sure about your "Bones" tracker. I can't even keep track of him when we're on the same beach...one second he's standing next to me, the next he's vanished.:Shocked::LOL: Glad to hear that you got some time in the surf and looking forward to seeing you at HG5!

Don

murrieta angler
08-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Hola, Senor Sid Viciuos!
Good job sending out the S.O.S. to a fellow member...:Big Grin:
See you next month,
Robert
<><

FishinLBC
08-24-2013, 02:53 PM
LOL funny thread, good work out there. It's hard sometimes i took a month off for medical and before that was 5 trip skunk stripe.