PDA

View Full Version : Prado dam

reelgurlzfish
08-19-2013, 08:19 PM
still trying to find a good place to catch kitties since DFG hasnt been stocking the city park lakes. Looks to me its not going to happen this season. I know about Irvine, SARL, Laguna Corona.... but anyone know if Prado is stocked by the county or DFG? im looking for the least pricey options. Tight budget. any helpful info is appreciated.

Troutin Man
08-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I don't know about Prado, but I'd hit up Lake Gregory or Big Bear Lake. I heard the cats have been hittin' pretty well up there. It's free, but you gotta use gas to drive up. You can save gas on the way down the hill by putting your car in neutral, but your brakes will be a bit hot and a little closer to being worn out! So money either way. If you want fresh mountain air and calm and quiet, then the LG and BBL are it and catch some kitties while relaxin.

badf1sh
08-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Read City Park Lakes Section
Glen Helen, Guasti, and Prado were stock weekly with catfish 750lb, but it started August are now every other week. All three are GREAT lakes to fish. Clean people are friendly. I tend to be at Guasti every other week right after stocking

Kingfish Addict
08-20-2013, 10:03 PM
If you want fresh mountain air and calm and quiet, then the LG and BBL are it

Lake Gregory calm and quiet?! Have you ever gone up there on a Sat or Sun??? :EyePop: It's shoulder to shoulder people, you couldn't find a calm and quiet spot if you paid someone. My advice is to go to LG during the week at about 5:30 or 6 am...now THAT'S calm and quiet!!

hollywoodbass
08-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Lake Elsinore is a great catfish lake. My friend that lives at the lake says the catfishing is good right now. Channel cats 4-10lbs and bullheads as well. Plenty of shore access and cheap as well. But it does get real hot out there. hope that helps.

Bobber Boy
08-21-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't know about Prado, but I'd hit up Lake Gregory or Big Bear Lake. I heard the cats have been hittin' pretty well up there. It's free, but you gotta use gas to drive up. You can save gas on the way down the hill by putting your car in neutral, but your brakes will be a bit hot and a little closer to being worn out! So money either way. If you want fresh mountain air and calm and quiet, then the LG and BBL are it and catch some kitties while relaxin.

You will need a current California fishing license to fish at Lake Gregory and Big Bear Lake.

Not sure what was meant by it's free!

esteban1t
08-21-2013, 06:13 PM
You will need a current California fishing license to fish at Lake Gregory and Big Bear Lake.

Not sure what was meant by it's free!

i think he means, its not a pay lake, so free if you have a license

Troutin Man
08-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Lake Gregory calm and quiet?! Have you ever gone up there on a Sat or Sun??? :EyePop: It's shoulder to shoulder people, you couldn't find a calm and quiet spot if you paid someone. My advice is to go to LG during the week at about 5:30 or 6 am...now THAT'S calm and quiet!!

What up King A. Totally right. Never go up during the weekend to the LG. Weekdays are the way to go.

Troutin Man
08-21-2013, 10:02 PM

Exactly. Kind of a given that anglers have a license. Even GVL you gotta have a license and it is pay up or leave.

Bobber Boy
08-22-2013, 04:43 PM

My bad! Wasn't quite clear on that! LOL